LA Craigslist salvage title but looks nice

caraddict

Reaction score
I bought the car. Its amazing. It's a totally rust free car with its original 73 CA plates. Everything works as it should, it blows cold air, even the clock works. With the upgraded engine and transmission and bilstein suspension, it drives like a new car. I am very happy with it. It's quite a difference from my other BMW, a 2000cs.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I bought the car. Its amazing. It's a totally rust free car with its original 73 CA plates. Everything works as it should, it blows cold air, even the clock works. With the upgraded engine and transmission and bilstein suspension, it drives like a new car. I am very happy with it. It's quite a difference from my other BMW, a 2000cs.

You did well! I suppose the lessen here is to jump at a good car and snag it before somone else does.

Now take the VIN and register at www.e9-driven.com

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score

welcome aboard - i understand that the car was well bought. enjoy it and stay tuned on this forum

caraddict

Reaction score
Thank you all for your kind comments!

A funny story about the "Salvaged title" ....

A guy who worked at 2002AD in the early 1990s said the car drove in with light damage in the front. The car owner wanted 2002AD to repair the damage and referred them to his insurance company. The insurance adjuster who had no experience with vintage cars looked at the BMW and said that because the car was " So old and had over 100,000 miles with faded paint that it was only worth $1,800" so he did not even write a repair sheet and just totaled the car... The adjuster told the owner of 2002AD that it was not worth paying for a tow to the junk yard and that he could keep the car for the $110 in storage costs...

Then the guys at 2002AD totally restored the "$110 BMW" and sold it to a guy in the Movie Business who kept the car for 22 years...

In California it is crazy... If a car is Stolen and then recovered just days later even if the car still in absolutely perfect condition once the insurance company gets involved the title is stamped "Salvaged"