E3 Bertone

otter74

Reaction score
IMO, the 66-72 small bumper cars are the ones to have...

View attachment 173491

Although there are kits available to convert the later cars to smaller bumpers.
I love Spiders - I've had one (an '81 Turbo) since 1990. Just came out of a body & paint resto this spring, and I don't have any great pictures of it. When it gets warm again it's gettin a whole bunch of maintenance, yellow Konis and lowering springs, refinished Biturbo wheels and new decals.

I think the impact bumpers don't look awful, even if they aren't as pretty as the early bumpers. A bumper backdate doesn't quite give you exactly the look of an older car, as the mounts are higher in front and you have to DIY the turn signals. I think the ideal is a 74, which has chrome bumpers mounted on impact shocks, so they look good but actually do something.

Fiat - 1991.jpg

Fiat - March 2023 with 911.jpg

otter74

Reaction score
@otter74 It's not too late. Here's one of the 124 bumper conversion kits...
I've already spent enough money on the car as it is! $1400 of maintenance and upgrade parts are sitting on my doorstep :) Next season I'll just drive it and enjoy it and live with the interior, after that I'll spend money to make the rest of the interior nice (dash, console). In a perfect world I'd backdate the nose (turn signals mounted in fenders) and bumpers but I'm happy with it the way it is :)