CSL gets a refresh!

Polariscsl

Reaction score
Another photo:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21362778360.496296.jpg

Looks like these are going to be be available off the shelf for RHD coupes as well.

Polariscsl

Reaction score
Mini photo update - pretty much all together again now, just awaiting a rolling road check with the new exhaust.
Only small issue so far has been bleeding the brakes - I have massive brake power, good pedal and it stops straight (brief test outside my house) but I can't get any fluid to bleed out of the boosters! Anyone else had this?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21364657442.849014.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21364657650.816692.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21364657702.578223.jpg

Should be on the road by Thursday.

Polariscsl

Reaction score
Well its had its first proper run out with a friend following me in the csl's M3 derived younger brother just in case

50 miles with no issues and It drives soooo well. The new engine is glorious, bags of torque and power while being as smooth as an injected one. The new mapped ignition setup means the webers start and idle at 1100 rpm from dead cold with no throttle input, perfect!

Really quite pleased that I have finally got it sorted. I would upload pictures but it doesn't seem to be working right now.

Last edited:

Polariscsl

Reaction score
Earlier today....

FCA6B3C1-12C2-4FCD-8981-D40453A456EA-1760-000000ECB1ACDF8E.jpg

Just need to decide on Which front bumper to go for - I have pretty much all options in stock....

Last edited:

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
She is stunning, will you put an air dam and bumper or one or the other? I especially like the hood prop incorporated into the strut bar base. Do you have any "before" pictures?

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
Really nice looking csl - glad it is going well for you - the ally radiator looks like it fits fine.

Was that an Orangener strut bar?

Polariscsl

Reaction score
She is stunning, will you put an air dam and bumper or one or the other? I especially like the hood prop incorporated into the strut bar base. Do you have any "before" pictures?

Thanks. I'm not sure, I have the chrome bumpers which were on it, the bat air dam and the alpina style lip spoiler (or none at all). I have to admit that since I took the front one off I have go used to the true lightweight 'no bumper' look....whatever happens it's reversible. If I go with the air dam I won't be drilling holes to fit it - I will come up with another 'non permanent' method.

Engine before:
29f5da8f.jpg

The strut bar is oranger's one from the group buy - lovely bit of engineering.

I have lots more photos, to be fair it was in great shape before as I had the car nut and bolted a few years ago. Bodywise its still like the day it rolled out the original restoration - thank god! This was whole process was brought on by the premature demise of the engine due to a rebuild error where it had spun a shell. I got carried away while waiting for the engine to come back and had everything under the bonnet rebuilt/replaced or powder coated. I learned so much last time it was easy to go to the right places to get what i needed done. I'm especially glad I went for the CR 5 speed, it really livens up the driving experience. The rebuild of the box makes the shift rifle bolt accurate in combination with the uuc short shift.

Polariscsl

Reaction score
Really nice looking csl - glad it is going well for you - the ally radiator looks like it fits fine.

Was that an Orangener strut bar?

Thanks, the ally rad is a nicely made solution - drops straight in. I wasn't going to bother as my original rad wasn't in bad shape (or so i thought) but weirdly it leaked as soon as I put coolant in it. I wasn't pleased at the time but hey ho that's old cars for you!