Anyone UK sent their seats to be restored in E. Europe?

dj_efk

Reaction score
Hi all,

I thought I'd re-post this as a seperate topic - The costs I'm getting back for retrims here in the UK in leather are £2500 - £3000.

Does anyone know any good trimmers who are based in countries in the European Union such as Poland etc. ? I'm thinking of saving costs by sending the seats there instead - I even heard of one guy who had his seats re-done in morrocco for £400!

I need to get my seats re-done, I want them done in leather (cream or black maybe) but can't afford to have it done here so any tips, pointers or advice welcome.

Thanks

dj_efk

Reaction score
Hi all,

I thought I'd re-post this as a seperate topic - The costs I'm getting back for retrims here in the UK in leather are £2500 - £3000.

Does anyone know any good trimmers who are based in countries in the European Union such as Poland etc. ? I'm thinking of saving costs by sending the seats there instead - I even heard of one guy who had his seats re-done in morrocco for £400!

I need to get my seats re-done, I want them done in leather (cream or black maybe) but can't afford to have it done here so any tips, pointers or advice welcome.

Thanks

Henrik

Reaction score
Hi!

I have just recieved the entire interior (seats, dashboard, door cover, consoles, armrests, headliner, and lots of other details) in my 2800CS from Jans.
The work and craftmanship is top quality!

A few before and after snapshots for illustration:

Backseats.jpg

Bakseter.jpg

P2285516.jpg

P2285503.jpg

Henrik

Reaction score
Hi!

I have just recieved the entire interior (seats, dashboard, door cover, consoles, armrests, headliner, and lots of other details) in my 2800CS from Jans.
The work and craftmanship is top quality!

A few before and after snapshots for illustration:

Backseats.jpg

Bakseter.jpg

P2285516.jpg

P2285503.jpg

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Henrik,

they look very nice. How did you send your seats to Lithuania?

Regards,

Rohan

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Henrik,

they look very nice. How did you send your seats to Lithuania?

Regards,

Rohan

simoniko

Reaction score
Hi all

Hi Henrik , how much did you paid for entire saloon ?
I am in the same process in Bulgaria , and i am qurious about the prices.
I will post photos of mine also when its done !

simoniko

Reaction score
Hi all

Hi Henrik , how much did you paid for entire saloon ?
I am in the same process in Bulgaria , and i am qurious about the prices.
I will post photos of mine also when its done !

Henrik

Reaction score
Hi!

I live in Oslo. And since Jan is a Norwegian too he's in the neighborhood from time to time to pick up or deliver cars and parts for customers.

Henrik

Henrik

Reaction score
Hi!

I live in Oslo. And since Jan is a Norwegian too he's in the neighborhood from time to time to pick up or deliver cars and parts for customers.

Henrik

Henrik

Reaction score
Hi again!

Prices may well have changed a bit after I got an offer, and I guess it has something to do with the currency and the condition of the interior. My advise is to contact Jan. But regarding dj-efk's price estimat for retrim of front and rear seats (I guess armrests each side and middle are included) in leather, it will be beaten with a good margin.
What impressed me more than the reasonable price was the high standard of work.
One thing is to get it cheap, but another thing is to get back something that is poorly executed. When one adds as much work in our e9 as some of us do, we will never cease to annoy us over bad work, even though we have paid little for it! Therefore, I had thought about it well before I sent something to Morocco!

Henrik

Henrik

Reaction score
Hi again!

Prices may well have changed a bit after I got an offer, and I guess it has something to do with the currency and the condition of the interior. My advise is to contact Jan. But regarding dj-efk's price estimat for retrim of front and rear seats (I guess armrests each side and middle are included) in leather, it will be beaten with a good margin.
What impressed me more than the reasonable price was the high standard of work.
One thing is to get it cheap, but another thing is to get back something that is poorly executed. When one adds as much work in our e9 as some of us do, we will never cease to annoy us over bad work, even though we have paid little for it! Therefore, I had thought about it well before I sent something to Morocco!

Henrik

damienh

Reaction score
I have an original interior in light grey, with a slightly blue colour. It's not perfect, but in pretty good shape considering. The leather could do with some tlc though, and there are a couple of very small rips.

Just in case your budget is similar to mine.

Damien

damienh

Reaction score
I have an original interior in light grey, with a slightly blue colour. It's not perfect, but in pretty good shape considering. The leather could do with some tlc though, and there are a couple of very small rips.

Just in case your budget is similar to mine.

Damien

dj_efk

Reaction score
Truly, utterly breathtakingly beautiful....

Can you tell me what parts you used for your seat belt setup for the fronts in particular? Particularly what reels, what strengthening did you have to do where these bolt on to the rear quarters and where you got the covers for the reels and the hooks from?

dj_efk

Reaction score
Truly, utterly breathtakingly beautiful....

Can you tell me what parts you used for your seat belt setup for the fronts in particular? Particularly what reels, what strengthening did you have to do where these bolt on to the rear quarters and where you got the covers for the reels and the hooks from?