Alpina B2S Mercedes AMG comparison film

feri

Reaction score
Danny:

I was lucky to see that b2 e9 in real life in 2005. There was an article about the car in german magazine. Also I have added one photo I have made about this car to my alpina history article published in a hungarian bmw magazine.

To make it clear: I have seen this car at the Alpina Gemeinschaft meeting in 2005. The owner is / was the member of the club as I know. As this meeting was more about talking and touring around the german / austrian border, there was no chance to ask the owner to show the engine bay and the vin table. I have only some exterior shoots, and some video (also about the exterior).

Btw in the yearbook of the club there is a photo about a same looking, probably b2s alpina e9 too.

DJSimca

Reaction score
I can make (water-jet-cutting) such Alpina-lookalike triple gauges plates if there is any interest.

There are other possible solutions, I did for my car or for colleagues :

Can you PM me with some price quotes for your work please..

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
Feri ... we don't know the whole truth about the alpina story.
That is the truth and why historical films like these make good evidence that the customer often was the 'decider' as to where components landed and how that particular car ended up the way it was...

Thanks to all who posted as I am more unsure than ever that we will ever know for certain (is that a double negative?) as Feri further points out.

Cheers!

Ran

eastsideM3

Reaction score
Danny
Are you sure about the gauges mounted in the speaker location?Carey Iidas Alpina CSL had those and I was told by more than one person that these were correct for the car.
I believe this is a B2S car.Correct me if I am wrong.

No the point I was making is that the second picture thats posted is incorrect. Alpina would never do a hack job like that. They configured them perfectly into the square. Someone added those gauges, very poorly done to that car pictured.
As far as what Alpina did, they put them in the speaker, they put them on the console, and they put them on top of the dash.
I also dont think there was any method to the their cars that was written in stone. They bought parts from suppliers, used them, changed parts, etc. Thats why having a documented build sheet is so important with these cars.

Last edited:

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
Someone added those gauges, very poorly done to that car pictured.
Speak to Andi about who did what on his posted pictures as IMHO his work is superior to most I have seen...perhaps these are photos of his mates cars in Vienna and other locals that he thought would help us determine answers to our (my) questions. There are some very nice cars there and rating them as to perhaps our standard is a bit premature IMHO.

Perhaps Andi (orangener) will be able to clear this up later.

Ran