Alpina B2S Mercedes AMG comparison film

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry Ran but that has been re-posted several times.
Certainly before my tenure here...no need to apologize Chicklett as we can't all be optimists?

Picture13-3.png

(...a person disposed to take a favorable view of things? )

Cheers!

Ran

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I for one have never seen that- Thanks for sharing...

Sfdon

eastsideM3

Reaction score
No they modded all BMW's at the time, especially when a customer requested it, as is most likely the case with this car. Looks good with the decko kit. Seems like this car may have been tuned towards the latter part of the 70's as well. Interior, front spoiler, carbs, stripe kit, tip me off.
Someone on this board must know the owner? Does anyone have any info on this car? Looks like a CSI B2 conversion. I believe you can hear him call it a B2 at one point in the video.

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
So Alpina called adding their 'kit' to the standard CSi their B2 and the CSL (the B2S?) and did Alpina modify any of
the original carburated CSL's?

Alpina's numbering scheme has always baffled me but in this case the Alpina pages are unclear as well..and there's scant info...this is why I posted this film... as it's chock full of these small details and such. Wish i spoke German!

Cheers!

Ran

PS Wish I still have good 'imaging' software at my disposal as the Chassis number would reveal good info.

Picture8-3.png

Last edited:

eastsideM3

Reaction score
So Alpina called adding their 'kit' to the standard CSi their B2 and the CSL (the B2S?) and did Alpina modify any of
the original carburated CSL's?

Alpina's numbering scheme has always baffled me but in this case the Alpina pages are unclear as well..and there's scant info...this is why I posted this film... as it's chock full of these small details and such. Wish i spoke German!

Cheers!

Ran

PS Wish I still have good 'imaging' software at my disposal as the Chassis number would reveal good info.

Picture8-3.png

The B2 and B2s were two different conversions. The b2S was more powerful 250hp and more expensive.

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
The B2 and B2s were two different conversions. The b2S was more powerful 250hp and more expensive.
Thanks eastside and if anyone might be able to point out the differences specific to these 2 conversion (i.e. components included) that would be very handy indeed!

Cheers!

Ran

PS What got me interested was the location of the 3 gauge VDO setup that it was apparently later offered in a panel covering the
'speaker' grille and a gentleman posted same gauges up for sale here in parts the other day...His pictures show
the gauges on the package shelf...

VDO3.jpg

The vehicle in the film on the other hand has them mounted in the radio locaton... where it appears they were properly supposed to go... given the panel dimensions you can see that comes with the cluster...he wants 300 euro plus shipping!

VDO2.jpg

Last edited:

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Next months project is a Alpina B7 turbo install into a e9.
300 hp and a lot of smiles..

Attachments

• alpinaengine.jpg
    alpinaengine.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 147

larkinca

Reaction score
Thank you. My first time seeing this movie. We actually have a Mercedes R107 roadster (SL), and an e9 Coupe - this was fun to watch.

eastsideM3

Reaction score
B2 had less engine modification, only used 2 carbs instead of 3 like the S and had 215HP as opposed to 250Hp.
Those gauges sitting in the speaker location are incorrect on that E9. What car is that from? Do you have additional photos of it?

mpgandco

Reaction score
B2 had less engine modification, only used 2 carbs instead of 3 like the S and had 215HP as opposed to 250Hp.
Those gauges sitting in the speaker location are incorrect on that E9. What car is that from? Do you have additional photos of it?
Danny
Are you sure about the gauges mounted in the speaker location?Carey Iidas Alpina CSL had those and I was told by more than one person that these were correct for the car.
I believe this is a B2S car.Correct me if I am wrong.

Attachments

• DSC02330 (Large).jpg
    DSC02330 (Large).jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 135
  • DSC02342 (Large).JPG
    DSC02342 (Large).JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 148
  • DSC02351 (Large).JPG
    DSC02351 (Large).JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 139
  • DSC02360 (Large).JPG
    DSC02360 (Large).JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 138

Orangener

Reaction score
Danny
Are you sure about the gauges mounted in the speaker location?Carey Iidas Alpina CSL had those and I was told by more than one person that these were correct for the car.
I believe this is a B2S car.Correct me if I am wrong.

This picture is taken from Yannicks Alpina B2S :

alpinazusatzinstrumentenhalter.jpg

I can make (water-jet-cutting) such Alpina-lookalike triple gauges plates if there is any interest.

There are other possible solutions, I did for my car or for colleagues :

SchrumpelvorneeingebautmitHolz.jpg

2-fachalt.jpg

3-fach1.jpg

1.jpg

alpinalogodetail.jpg

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score

Picture13-3.png

Thanks Andi (orangener) as this very film also shows this location but I also had only seen them on the package
shelf. I realize that the gauges in the other pics you posted were not the original VDO per say but I am told the
horizontal cluster are from a CSL B2.

http://www.e9coupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6061

Ran

Last edited:

feri

Reaction score

Haha, it was written by me. At that time I thought I could get answers for some of the alpina related question. But I have got no answer, and because of my fauld my message was copied into the textboxs 2 times. I have tried to ask Gustav (m5board owner) to delete my message but he denied it.

So if I understand correctly we don't know the whole truth about the alpina story, and to answer there misterious history problems my topic was linked to here, where I have wrote that there are more questions than answers ? Haha, I am sorry, but it is very funny :D