Withdrawn.

dj_efk

Reaction score
Both,

I’m aware you can find these in the US fairly easily. If you can find an option that ships a pair to the UK for less than what I’ve offered here then great. Otherwise please do not compare apples with oranges, as the saying goes.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
You may restore your reflectors, use LEDs if you want, it doesn't matter how bright your stock tail lights are. If you don't have a high mounted 3rd brake light, it's just matter of time before some inattentive driver doesn't understand you are stopping.

A majority of people who are driving now are highly distracted & do not know life before mandatory 3rd brake lights by 1986.

Here are the instructions how to make one.

Here's how to make one, these directions are for BMW E9s and 2002s, so your measurements for extension wires may differ.

Here's how to make one and install it.
The 3rd brake light is an LED strip 1 foot long Alpena 180°red with 60" of additional red & black wire soldered with heat shrink insulation at the joints. Then red & black alligator clips soldered to the wire ends. Then put little pieces of electrical tape around the wires to hold them together. It attaches to the upper center of the rear window seal with the wires run under the lip of the seal to a hole under the parcel shelf. Then under the white fender welting, under the gas tank trunk board to the brake light tab and ground on the passenger side tail light.

Need a soldering iron, flux, solder, Alpena LED, extension wires, heat shrink tubing, electrical tape and alligator clips or tap into brake light circuit and ground.

Alpena lights are available at Advance Auto Parts or on ebay. They come in 180° and side light red. 180s are for low angle roof lines, side lights for steep angles. They have white logos and cut lines which I color out with Industrial Grade Sharpie

I used to buy the extension wire, heat shrink tubing and alligator clips at Radio Shack.

Walmart sells Alpena lights with a pin-&-clip system. There are 4 pins 12v, R, G, B, I keep the 12v & Red & clip off the G & B pins. Then the directions are the same with shrink heat tubing & soldering outlined above.

If you have any questions I'm happy to answer.

3rd Brake Light 01.JPG
3rd Brake Light 02.JPG
3rd Brake Light 03.JPG

dj_efk

Reaction score
I’m withdrawing these from sale here due to persistent non-helpful postings saying they are available in other countries.

I assume the presumption on others’ part is I haven’t done my homework when looking at the cost to import the items in question to the U.K.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I’m withdrawing these from sale here due to persistent non-helpful postings saying they are available in other countries.

I assume the presumption on others’ part is I haven’t done my homework when looking at the cost to import the items in question to the U.K.

how sad !
i am sorry to see this.

you have my appreciation

aguirola

Reaction score
On my Amazon it is available.

Dear Sir,

As the saying goes, why take coals to Newcastle, when available with free delivery in the USA?
I consider you have a perfect market in the UK...

On my Amazon it is available.

Regards, Alberto

aguirola

Reaction score
PS. There are some lovely fibreglass parts made in the UK.
Why would you consider posting that they are available in the USA with a higher shipping cost?

If it were my choice, I would recommend if in the UK, to buy there. Would you not?
Other posters did same with light bulb availability in the USA, when less expensive.

Regards, Alberto

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
PS. There are some lovely fibreglass parts made in the UK.
Why would you consider posting that they are available in the USA with a higher shipping cost?

If it were my choice, I would recommend if in the UK, to buy there. Would you not?
Other posters did same with light bulb availability in the USA, when less expensive.

Regards, Alberto

@Alberto,

The seller @dj_efk is in the UK.

aguirola

Reaction score
Thank you Markos, possibly my wording was not so clear.

If you live in the USA, you prefer to buy in the USA.
If you live in the UK, as the seller, then you buy in the UK.

I do not think that the other posters tried to harm the orig. thread,
just pointing out the lower price.

I hope this was slightly easier :)

Regards, Alberto

dj_efk

Reaction score
Thank you Markos, possibly my wording was not so clear.

If you live in the USA, you prefer to buy in the USA.
If you live in the UK, as the seller, then you buy in the UK.

I do not think that the other posters tried to harm the orig. thread,
just pointing out the lower price.

I hope this was slightly easier :)

Regards, Alberto

I don’t think you understand: The item in question is in the U.K. - clearly therefore the interest is likely to come from buyers in the U.K. as the item is not available anywhere else here and shipping + import duty costs are significant - so what I offered was the cheapest route to acquiring the item here: So I am at a loss as to why you persist in posting about availability of the same item in a different country.

As you’re clearly not interested in buying the article that is for sale, please refrain from sharing your thoughts and opinions on my parts listings - there are discussion forums for just that. I actually find it disrespectful as a seller, as it takes the discussion / focus away from the reason the ad is here.

Now that this thread is anyway “spoiled”, I would like to request that one of our admins please make clear their stance on such matters - @Markos ?

Last edited:

nedrepsa

Reaction score
I don’t think you understand: The item in question is in the U.K. - clearly therefore the interest is likely to come from buyers in the U.K. as the item is not available anywhere else here and shipping + import duty costs are significant - meaning the this is the cheapest route to acquiring the item here: So I am at a loss as to why you persist in posting about availability of the same item in a different country.

As you’re clearly not interested in buying the article that is for sale, please refrain from sharing your thoughts and opinions on my parts listings - there are discussion forums for just that. I actually find it disrespectful as a seller, as it takes the discussion / focus away from the reason the ad is here.

Now that this thread is anyway “spoiled”, I would like to request that one of our admins please make clear their stance on such matters - @Markos ?
Hello David.

I think you will be knocking your head on a brick wall as the saying goes.

As a matter of interest I live in Wiltshire which I assume is not far from you and in the past I have owned a couple of 2800CS, in fact one appears to be similar colour to your car and a late 3.0CSi one of the 207 series but now am only left with my E3 L-Jetronic Si but now with a 3.5 M90 installed.

Please do get in touch .

Kind regards

Alan

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I agree @dj_efk that this happens here more times that i would like to see:

" As you’re clearly not interested in buying the article that is for sale, please refrain from sharing your thoughts and opinions on my parts listings - there are discussion forums for just that. I actually find it disrespectful as a seller, as it takes the discussion / focus away from the reason the ad is here. "

refrain from sharing thoughts, it is a good point, if you want to buy, just do it; if not look away mind your own business

GLWS David.

dj_efk

Reaction score
I have no idea what you mean by the second statement - and this is coming from a Brit who are supposedly famous for sarcasm - but let me assure you that if I could, I’d delete the entire thread to spare everyone else from having to look at it.

I don’t believe I have the option to do this however.