Withdrawn.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
I'll delete this thread if you want, but in the future I think members should feel like they can post anything they want to sell at any price. Some are known for not posting a price so I don't see much difference. Post away. And reply as you may, as long as you use some empathy.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I have no idea what you mean by the second statement - and this is coming from a Brit who are supposedly famous for sarcasm - but let me assure you that if I could, I’d delete the entire thread to spare everyone else from having to look at it.

I don’t believe I have the option to do this however.

i disagree, we have to use it to boost virtuous behaviour
you can see an stone as an obstacle or as a place to stand up higher
your thread will be a turning point

I have these lights in my car, these bulbs are great
led lights look odd, it is good to have the choice should you need it
but it is ridiculous to present it as a competitor

these Bulbs are great

aguirola

Reaction score
I don’t think you understand: The item in question is in the U.K. - clearly therefore the interest is likely to come from buyers in the U.K. as the item is not available anywhere else here and shipping + import duty costs are significant - so what I offered was the cheapest route to acquiring the item here: So I am at a loss as to why you persist in posting about availability of the same item in a different country.

As you’re clearly not interested in buying the article that is for sale, please refrain from sharing your thoughts and opinions on my parts listings - there are discussion forums for just that. I actually find it disrespectful as a seller, as it takes the discussion / focus away from the reason the ad is here.

Now that this thread is anyway “spoiled”, I would like to request that one of our admins please make clear their stance on such matters - @Markos ?

Mr. dj_efk,

Begging your pardon, I do understand your thoughts, and in no way did I try to ruin or otherwise spoil your thread.
Sarcasm? I fail to see it regretfully, and by no means trying to imply it.

As you did not specify or advise that the item was strictly for UK residents, and I simply did not understand clearly,
as English, is not my mother tongue, and at times, it leads me astray in my comprehension, thus my potential faux-pas.

Others, and not only myself, also did post alternatives to purchase said item elsewhere, I did the same trying to share with USA residents,
that otherwise might not be your clients anyway.

I have seen many threads of items for sale here, and in other sites, and others (justifiably, I think) were members that try to provide
alternatives with no ill sentiments or malice.

For instance, my "for sale" products are made primarily for the USA, and others make them primarily for other EU markets.

Many have pointed that issue out, and it did not trouble me at all, and on the contrary, I never thought of it as a disservice.

As they say, it is a free world, and all have their opinions, as long as they are riposted to, in a gentle and kind manner.
I hope I have not further offended you.

Potentially, according to some sensible thoughts, It might be best, if 'censorship' is implemented by the mods,
and we all refrain mentioning other potential sources, be as they may, a lower or higher price,
and not caring if they are helping others or not.

Regards, Alberto

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I just read through this thread. I guess I'll never know how the original post read at is was withdrawn. But I can't imagine there is anything but harmless and good intentioned input by all involved - OP and respondents alike. I say this knowing that I've written some stupid things on this forum - and have at times been called out for it. I am always happy to fall on my sword if necessary. But I struggle to see a need for that here.

I imagine that the original post read something to the effect of: "Hey, I have these great bulbs for sale here in the UK. They may be available in other countries for less, but not here. As such, I can offer a fellow UK'er a good price and convenience."

My interpretive summary of the replies is something to the effect of: "Oh yes, those are great bulbs. They are readily available over here in the US for a reasonable price, but understand that getting them to the UK probably adds complexity and extra cost. But if someone in the US needs them, here's an alternative source."

That's my read. I have some of these bulbs in the toolbox waiting to be installed in the coupe. But having read this, I pulled them up an Amazon and may order some spares. I call that a valuable thread from my perspective. I hope it remains up so others can learn from the content here.

Last edited: