What did you do to your E9 today?

Simufly

Reaction score
Aux air slider.

Cleaned and re-gasketed the whole thing!

Attachments

• P1010526.jpg
    P1010526.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 296
  • P1010527.jpg
    P1010527.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 251
  • P1010528.jpg
    P1010528.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 252

Cornishman

Site Donor
Reaction score
Rebuild plans

To the question, what did I do to my Coupe today. Well as winter is just about here I planned to remove the brakes and get them rebuilt, also have a go at the dash wood, remove the seats to get them refurbed and fit my new carpets. But the sun was shinning, the roads dry and I thougt "what the hell" so I just drove it to "no where in particular". It was fun, the engine revved well, the brakes worked, the seats seemed fine and I did not look at the dash too often, so I had a good time and that is why I have her.
The rebuild can wait until the snow falls or the roads get salted, or perhaps to next winter.
C

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
What I just did for the coupe is hand off the E24 to Don to install the new head and work his magic. Sibling rivalry inside my garage.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Received word from Mario at VSR that Athena's 5-speed is almost complete, driveshaft should be arriving 1st week of December. Euro H1 with city lights and H4 highs arrived for installation. Hood is stripped and will be primed and sanded for paint. So lots of progress and the big projects are wrapping up. All coming in well below last year's estimate. :-o

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Called VSR for a status report. Waiting on driveshaft and Lokari fender liners, hood is ready for paint. Headlights are in and need to be tested. Latest estimate is mid January.

Starting to miss her a little.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Athena developed a no start condition, again. This time it was discovered the electrical components of the ignition switch need to be replaced. VSR is such a great shop, love how thorough they are. At least I know it's not the starter as that was replaced just before she went to VSR.

dascoupeguy

Reaction score
After working on my latest project for the last 6 months, (Ms Chamonix) I noticed that Mr. Verona had gotten very jealous.... so I pampered him a bit.... gentle carnuba caresses settled him down... Merry Christmas all... DCG

Attachments

• 2 coupes.jpg
    2 coupes.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 234

MyFemurHurts

Reaction score
Athena developed a no start condition, again. This time it was discovered the electrical components of the ignition switch need to be replaced. VSR is such a great shop, love how thorough they are. At least I know it's not the starter as that was replaced just before she went to VSR.

Did that on mine earlier this year. Wish I had just done it proactively instead of reactively. Made for an interesting trip across a long bridge.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Man, I don't know how you guys do that. That sounds as perfect as you can possibly get. I think we need a clinic at Monterey next year on carb tuning.

Another eager student here (assuming I can get to Monterey next year).

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
After working on my latest project for the last 6 months, (Ms Chamonix) I noticed that Mr. Verona had gotten very jealous.... so I pampered him a bit.... gentle carnuba caresses settled him down... Merry Christmas all... DCG

I would swear Verona is a she and Chamonix is a he.

MyFemurHurts

Reaction score
Over the weekend I cleaned up the thermostat housing, distributor, vacuum diaphragm, and wire brushed the old nasty paint off of the power steering reservoir lid.

Tonight I painted the lid and wing nut. Under my hood isn't the eye sore that it used to be! The exterior of my coupe is nice enough, but having the engine bay all nasty was grinding on me. It was like having a clean house, but every closet full of crap.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Took the b35 airbox to get powder coated the correct dark grey like a D-jet box. And it matches OCCoupes subframes that were just done. Will pick up on Friday, priceless.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
+1 for the first year after I got my car I'd take a piece or two off the car on Sunday night (plus parts orders) and spend the week refurbing it, reinstall it Friday night before the weekend drives then repeat Sunday. After a while it all starts to look pretty good.

Over the weekend I cleaned up the thermostat housing, distributor, vacuum diaphragm, and wire brushed the old nasty paint off of the power steering reservoir lid.

Tonight I painted the lid and wing nut. Under my hood isn't the eye sore that it used to be! The exterior of my coupe is nice enough, but having the engine bay all nasty was grinding on me. It was like having a clean house, but every closet full of crap.

tmason

Reaction score
Finished installing the bumpers and made a new bracket for the license plate so back on the road but chance of snow tonight so not going any where soon.

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
It time

After boyd let it sit for years
it time to frdo the whole car
every nut and bolt
like so many others have done

Attachments

• FIT.JPG
    FIT.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 274