What did you do to your E9 today?

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
Sorry to be confused...Is he "cutting" the 3M with the Naptha to make it a paintable viscosity adhesive, then painting both surfaces like you do with rubber cement, and press together then?
Dave--That is exactly what David did to make the mixture thin enough to use a brush to paint it on both sides. Then it would dry and be pressed together like contact cement.

coupedegrace

Site Donor
Reaction score
I didn't do a damn thing to my E9 today. Instead I installed an anti-theft catalytic converter guard on my Toyota Tacoma. The truck is parked on the street, which makes it a good target, and we're going out of town tomorrow. Hopefully this rad looking guard will not only give me peace of mind but keep the cats attached to the truck.
IMG_0677.jpg

boonies

Boonies
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Found that I had neglected to purchase a few things to put the center console back together, so a few parts ordered.

I did install retractable seat belts that I purchased from @bluedevils, which will make the drive that much safer and more enjoyable. I also had the old seat belt "shelf/clip" removed when I had the headliner replaced.

restart

Reaction score
Like everyday, I refreshed the UPS tracking page for my W&N ss exhaust - still in Koeln.
I ordered a pack from W and N couple weeks ago. It’s now sitting here in Vancouver waiting for me. W&N ships inexpensively one price. I think it’s just under €50

UPS will under duress give you the numbers you need to contact customs and pay for duty. Then you call UPS back with the clearance numbers and UPS will deliver your parcel to you for free

The process to bypass UPS is really quite simple and I think when they first contact you to ask for a broker number the broker number to use is 51. Which is self broker.
double check the number.
The hardest part is ignoring all those emails UPS sends you. How many other brokers send you 25 emails for one package. Misleading emails at that! There ought to be a law.

Steve, the one and only Stevehose! Just for fun, Make one of those calls to W and N and ask them to follow up on your package

happy spring motoring ALL coupe drivers!

restart

Reaction score
Found that I had neglected to purchase a few things to put the center console back together, so a few parts ordered.

I did install retractable seat belts that I purchased from @bluedevils, which will make the drive that much safer and more enjoyable. I also had the old seat belt "shelf/clip" removed when I had the headliner replaced.
I know people a lot of people Frown on this. I think my Current Coupe is a 1972. I had to take those shoulder straps off. the damage they were causing to the seat was stressing me out. They actually wore a crack In the leatherdown low on the Driver side side Outside of the seat

restart

Reaction score
I didn't do a damn thing to my E9 today. Instead I installed an anti-theft catalytic converter guard on my Toyota Tacoma. The truck is parked on the street, which makes it a good target, and we're going out of town tomorrow. Hopefully this rad looking guard will not only give me peace of mind but keep the cats attached to the truck.
View attachment 137825
I don’t like that at all. It’s crazy we have to protect our catalytic converter’s from thieves. I do actually love that cover though. Can we call it something like an arrow dynamic ( thank you, special check, I like it (arrow dynamic!) thing or bottom protection.
Oh…just let me get this out there on the record… I don’t do the Facebook likey and Smiley face thing. :) I like it all

restart

Reaction score
Dave--That is exactly what David did to make the mixture thin enough to use a brush to paint it on both sides. Then it would dry and be pressed together like contact cement.
Kind of late to the discussion but I just wanted to remind of the use of heat in that kind of work. I’ve taken Sullivans and cut up little pieces of tool tray and melted them and use the slurry to repair the toolboxes.

It’s easier to just use the latest glues glues. It seems it seems like there’s a new development every week. Yes I know they only release them to us peasants two years after they make them but still

coupedegrace

Site Donor
Reaction score
Nice shield & tamper resistant fasteners.
Yes, all of the fasteners were tamper-resitant torx bolts, but one that was a 6mm hex key. The shield came with the driver for the torx. I'd never used tamper-resistant ones. Worked really well. I think the one hex key was because they couldn't get a long enough bolt with the torx head. It was several inches long.