Removing 1" front spring US Federal spacer

John Buchtenkirch

Reaction score
Some people feel having the rocker panel parallel to the ground looks correct, however I lean more towards having the same gap over the top of the tires in relation to the fenders on both ends of the car as looking correct. That leaves the car with a slight nose down or California rake which can only help (however little ???) to keep the car planted on the road at speed, just ask the guys that drag race funny cars. I took out the spacers and installed Carl’s springs only in the front, the back springs are 40 year old stock. I doubt I could lower it much more in the front because the front track is so wide I’m sure the tires will rub the fenders. As a final point now all my steering linkage level or parallel to the ground which IMO is optimal, when you cut the wheels the steering linkage doesn’t try to pull the body up or down when it’s like that so there’s no lost motion in steering inputs. Admittedly it’s not something I saw in a suspension book, it’s just my observation from actually working on cars. ~ John Buchtenkirch

!000!000.jpg