Legends of the Autobahn 2015

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It looks like we will have a dedicated coupe area this year in recognition of the CSL win at Sebring in 1975. We would include judged and non-judged coupes in the same corral which many have asked for, right Sven? I have volunteered to help organize the coupe participants.

I hope many of you will consider attending in 2015 even though your sights may be set on 2016 and the 100th anniversary. At the same time, we desperately need more judges. The same few people are counted on every year and judging is not as difficult as it may seem. Newcomers can start with the Clean category which is exterior only and we pair everyone with an experienced judge so you aren't alone, you learn as you go. Part of this need is driven by the ever increasing number of judged attendees which is a good thing, the current judges won't be leaving anytime soon either. It is our opportunity to give something back to our club which does so much to organize and run these gatherings. Eddie Funahashi, Wayne Wundrum and Paul Cain are the unsung heroes who make it all possible.

rb1971

Reaction score
Chris- I plan to attend this year and would be happy to volunteer as a judge. (I can certainly tell whether a car is clean or not!) Where would I go to do so, and find out what it would entail?

-John

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
John,

I will start a list of new volunteers beginning with you! Thank you for volunteering. We generally train judges that morning before official judging starts. We walk through one of our own cars that isn't being judged and point out what to look for. And you get a cool BMW Judges polo shirt for your effort too. Also, Entry fees are waived for judges as well. And it will be great to see your coupe again.

Chris

MyFemurHurts

Reaction score
I gotta check with my family, as were usually at Bonneville for speed week, and it runs through that Friday if you're running records late. If I can peel away and confirm that I can be free, I'd love to volunteer.

Not sure if my Coupe is nice enough to show though. Like I've said in a few threads, she's a 10 footer. I don't want to be part of the scruffy crew. :lol:

shanon

Reaction score
Happy to throw my hat in the ring for the pool of newbie E9 judges.
Planning to be in the area that week.

Familiar with the event, been 'judged' before.

Might have to update the 'Fastest windows in the West' in 2015.... ;-)

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I am a very judgmental person, well I least I think I am or could be depending on circumstances and how I feel at the time. Can I be a trainee judge?
Possibly Arde and I could be a judge team?
;)

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I am a very judgmental person, well I least I think I am or could be depending on circumstances and how I feel at the time. Can I be a trainee judge?
;)

Don, you know I love you both but I think that would be recipe for disaster!
:lol:

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Brendan, every coupe is welcome, it truly doesn't have to be a show car. Shanon, yes we need the window contest again, that was serious fun last time.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
;)

Sounds interesting. I can team up with Don to be judge, jury, and executioner.
August 14th, right? Can judges quietly remove some parts they need for their own cars? That would be a perk.

Don is about to complete the rebirth of the E24 drivetrain so maybe I drive that car to the show? I replaced so many parts me alone got Germany out of their recession.

Tom P

Reaction score
I'm planning to be there as well and can lend a hand judging if needed. Also looking forward to competing in the FWIW FWIW (Fastest-Windows-In-The-West-For-What-Its-Worth) contest!

Last edited:

tmason

Reaction score
FWIW (fastest windows in the West for what its worth) contest![/QUOTE]

Very funny,I'm going to have to attend this event!

Tom P

Reaction score
Any NorCal, OR, WA, NV coupers interested to rendezvous somewhere in the SF Bay Area that FRI 8/14 for an early morning run down to Legends of the Autobahn? Not sure when we have to arrive to be in the show but can time it accordingly for those not able to get down there earlier in the week (like me!).

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Any NorCal, OR, WA, NV coupers interested to rendezvous somewhere in the SF Bay Area that FRI 8/14 for an early morning run down to Legends of the Autobahn? Not sure when we have to arrive to be in the show but can time it accordingly for those not able to get down there earlier in the week (like me!).

The Norcal judges John,SFDon,Arde will arrive with little fanfare in the following vehicle:
http://bringatrailer.com/2015/02/05/ex-air-force-1957-fwd-mm-terracruzer/

Legend is that we hate when SUVs block our view in the autobahn...

shanon

Reaction score
The winning coupe of the 'Fastest Windows' share be loaded atop and paraded around on the Terracrusher.

;-)