Ignition lock cover desperately seeking!

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
FYI - I am having my modeler reproduce the original one with words. I’ve been planning this for a while but I am including in a box going to him tomorrow. The finish won’t be perfect but it shouldn’t be any worse than the wireless version. I’m figuring they will cost $25 to print. Unlike the other stuff this one should be good to go in a few weeks.

While I can’t describe how much I appreciate you spending your own time creating these hard-to-get parts for us e9 owners, I’m still looking to get one in Europe.
It’s not that I couldn’t afford it, but $25 + paypal fee + shipping + tax and customs fee.. I’m pretty soon looking at a $50 cover, which would be okay if I was building a concourse winner, but I’m not:)

Thank you anyway, it’s very appreciated!

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
While I can’t describe how much I appreciate you spending your own time creating these hard-to-get parts for us e9 owners, I’m still looking to get one in Europe.
It’s not that I couldn’t afford it, but $25 + paypal fee + shipping + tax and customs fee.. I’m pretty soon looking at a $50 cover, which would be okay if I was building a concourse winner, but I’m not:)

Thank you anyway, it’s very appreciated!

in your case i would take the one available at wn you can file off the bit that will protrude from your upper cover, if it is not a concourse car that will be the easiest and cheapest way,....once you find another bunch of parts to justify the exorbitant shipping costs of herr w and herr n

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
in your case i would take the one available at wn you can file off the bit that will protrude from your upper cover, if it is not a concourse car that will be the easiest and cheapest way,....once you find another bunch of parts to justify the exorbitant shipping costs of herr w and herr n

Yes, no doubt I could make it work, but it’s just as you say, shipping cost kills the deal.
I basically have all the the parts I need to finish my car and isn’t planning on ordering anything from them in a long time.

That’s why I’m trying here on the forum, it isn’t such a rare part as I think all e3, e9, e12, e21, e23 and early e24 used them.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes, no doubt I could make it work, but it’s just as you say, shipping cost kills the deal.
I basically have all the the parts I need to finish my car and isn’t planning on ordering anything from them in a long time.

That’s why I’m trying here on the forum, it isn’t such a rare part as I think all e3, e9, e12, e21, e23 and early e24 used them.

not that true, there are differences in the diameter of the hole, and that is relatively important as the plastic tabs that hold it in its place are close to the hole

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
not that true, there are differences in the diameter of the hole, and that is relatively important as the plastic tabs that hold it in its place are close to the hole

Yes I understand that, but as you previously wrote in this thread, it's possible with some modification.
Main thing is I'm looking to buy from a private seller in Europe to avoid additional costs and/or the flat rate from W&N, if it's the old cover, part# 32321105071 or the newer, part# 32321108979 is of less importance.

But I appreciate your input, thanks!:)

Dave G

Reaction score
I should have a prototype of the “fahrt” version this week.
It appears that this thread died years ago but just checking in to see if anyone is aware of any out there. I need the 3232 1105 071 version. Walloth and other sources are coming up NLA. Willing to modify any alternates that may work. Thanks!

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
It appears that this thread died years ago but just checking in to see if anyone is aware of any out there. I need the 3232 1105 071 version. Walloth and other sources are coming up NLA. Willing to modify any alternates that may work. Thanks!
You appear to be relatively new around here, so I'll mention that this may not be a good way to notify the forum that you are seeking a part. In general, there are two ways to view forum content - by subject or by new posts. For many years, I viewed the forum by subject, but after a decade I found I like the new posts method too.

While your post here will show up in the new post listings, people who view the forum by subject won't see this because it will show up in the parts thread with 2017 posts. So for example, if I were a person generally interested in buying and selling parts, and visited the parts section on a regular basis, I wouldn't see this post because it is buried very far in the past.

When seeking parts, I always suggest you start a new thread. This way it shows at the top of the parts section, and shows in the new posts view as well. You can link to this thread in your new post; it provides helpful detail on the part you want.

Dave G

Reaction score
Don and those interested, I saw that listing on eBay with the seller from Indonesia asking "big money". Fortunately that is not the one I purchased. I found a new NOS item in the bag out of Texas for a much more reasonable price. I also came across a site out of Germany, Online-teile.com, by Martin, claiming to have stock for €2.86 each. I did just now inquire if they really have it and cost to ship to the USA (they don't actually list USA as one of the countries they ship to!)

Mal CSL 3.0

Site Donor
Reaction score
deQuincey is 100% correct.

The version with the embossed words, vs the blank ones are not interchangeable. I found out when I bought the wrong one with wording and it didn't fit and not really able to be easily modified without butchering it. I then bought the blank one (no wording) that fitted perfectly.

Need to ensure you buy the correct version to replace your old one.