Ignition lock cover desperately seeking!

Stefano_b

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I am looking for the spare part number 32321105071 (up to 1972) that seems to be unavailable evrywhere.
The similar 32321108979 (1972 up) is available. Anyone know if there is a chance to adapt it? It looks nearly the same...

Stefano_b

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Isn't the only difference that one has words and one is plain?
If so, it will be great. Indeed, I have seen one of it on Ebay (sold :-( ), that had word stamped. So, maybe the later version is just plain!
Thank you Chris! :)

Lotuss7

Site Donor
Reaction score
I wish I had kept better records and could forward the part number.

I found the earlier part was unavailable and took a shot at trying an alternate. I believe it was from an E12. It fit perfectly.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
are you looking for the metal type cover? the newer one that also fits the e12 has a slot in it for the telescoping wheel lever. i have a metal one that i'm not using, but it needs to be refinished. please let me know if this is what you are looking for and i will try to dig it out. if somebody else has one, please buy that one ... it might be a while before i can find it / ship it.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I think he is looking for the little plastic cover for the ignition key hole, it says "Fahrt" and some other German ignition words.

are you looking for the metal type cover? the newer one that also fits the e12 has a slot in it for the telescoping wheel lever. i have a metal one that i'm not using, but it needs to be refinished. please let me know if this is what you are looking for and i will try to dig it out. if somebody else has one, please buy that one ... it might be a while before i can find it / ship it.

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
IMG_3583.JPG

Stefano_b

Site Donor $
Reaction score
IMHO,
Simply get a progressive drill bit and check the hole that you need, drill the actual part carefully use some butyl to put it in place e voila !

Thank you De Quincey. If you tell this, this shall surely work! :)
What I do not understand is if in the photo above by DWMBMW the piece is just one or two overlying: a round one and a "trapezoidal" one.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Thank you De Quincey. If you tell this, this shall surely work! :)
What I do not understand is if in the photo above by DWMBMW the piece is just one or two overlying: a round one and a "trapezoidal" one.

believe me i have had both types in my hands and only difference is diameter of the hole, and yes then letters or no letters

meassure your key lock barrel and see if you have enough meat in your actual plastic part to drill

the butyl is because when drilling out some diameter for a bigger hole you will kill the plastic tab that fixes the piece in place

Stefano_b

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Perfect. So I am gonna order the new one and i will fix the problem. Photo will follow :)

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
I’m upping this thread as I’m also searching for a cover. Newer or older model - makes no difference to me.
I’d prefer to buy one from somewhere in Europe to avoid the relatively expensive shipping and import tax.

Anybody have a spare?

Stefano_b

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I’m upping this thread as I’m also searching for a cover. Newer or older model - makes no difference to me.
I’d prefer to buy one from somewhere in Europe to avoid the relatively expensive shipping and import tax.

Anybody have a spare?

Newer model was available at Walloth only few months ago.

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
Newer model was available at Walloth only few months ago.

Yes I know, it seems to have been readily available up until some months ago, I’ve also talked with the BMW dealership but they don’t have any in stock and it’s listed as NLA.

Edit:
W&N have the cover for e24 -82 and up, but I don’t think it will fit.

46B50ED2-AE39-4E75-9DB8-EBA00B0869CF.jpeg

Compared to the up to -82 cover:

9F066D92-CA20-495D-9B5D-ED91716CABBB.jpeg

Last edited:

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
FYI - I am having my modeler reproduce the original one with words. I’ve been planning this for a while but I am including in a box going to him tomorrow. The finish won’t be perfect but it shouldn’t be any worse than the wireless version. I’m figuring they will cost $25 to print. Unlike the other stuff this one should be good to go in a few weeks.