Granatrot

Tim M

Reaction score
Never seen that before, maybe it's a blessing? Bat gets $5,000 up front on these sells from the bidders?

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Claimed his max bid was going to be $123K and he put his phone down, nephew picked it up and somehow mysteriously bid $124! He lost his $5K fee as soon as he won, what an idiot. BaT won’t let me post, they are reviewing my last reply to Hlblanton which you can’t see yet. BaT has not re-lied to me yet.
What a crock. I bet his dog ate his homework back in grammar school.

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
@HBChris - I'm happy to drop dime and say the top bidder backed out and the car is still for sale. Let me know..

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
BaT will probably hook you up with the #2 buyer to hopefully make a deal. The #2 will not have to pay a buying commission so they will get a screaming deal at $124

EDIT: Seller changed to buyer.

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
IP addresses don’t lie. :)
You would just have to change your device or your ISP if it is important to you and if BaT screens new users that carefully. But I would think it would be embarrassing enough that the culprit would just slink away.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
@HBChris - I'm happy to drop dime and say the top bidder backed out and the car is still for sale. Let me know..
I tried commenting again, “BaT is reviewing your comment.”

Please post that “buyer claims he didn’t make his last bid and backed out. I hope BaT puts you in touch with bidder #2 soon.” Keeping it simple so BaT doesn’t get upset is my goal.

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
Let's get him a t-shirt that says "For $1000, I sleazed out on my commit to buy one of the best E9s in the world... but it cost me $5000 to do it!"
So sorry for the douchery you and the owner are being put through... You guys did a sterling job with your end of that auction.
No disrespect to the many supportive spouses who fully back our obsession, and are on-board, but this deal screams of "someone" finding out and stuff hit the fan!

wkohler

Site Donor
Reaction score
I really hope you and devin1967 can put something together. After the listing ended and I read through the winning bidder's history I didn't see things going well, but had no idea this would happen that quickly! Perhaps it's for the best that it did.