Granatrot

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Here is a 74 3.0CS that I will be representing on BaT in the next two months or so. Doug Park shot the photos which were submitted and I have prepared the description. I have to admit that even though it is not mine I am a bit nervous as we know how brutal and ignorant the commenters can be. I will let the Forum know when it goes live so all of you can chime in!

E70C2175-2A48-4654-9D46-4401958E6043.jpeg

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Yes, finally a non-boilerplate description to look forward to. Looks nice from that angle.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
No matter the written description BaT will invariably mate it with their inimitable ‘style’ featuring cliché features such as chrome bumpers a 120 mph speedometer & turn signals!

May it do well despite all the inane peanut gallery nonsense. Photos speak louder than the words.

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
Doesn't matter what you craft for a description. BaT makes it very generic. I've always had luck with crafting a detailed history and storyline that I would break up into 2-3 large post as I got closer to D-day. Ignore the idiots and reiterate 10-20 times that you feal its absolutely necessary that someone see the car on a lift. It won't matter because no one will but it quiets the naysayers and gives confidence to the real players... If you have nothing to be afraid of, let it be known often and loudly.

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Ignore the never-owned-an-e9 peanut gallery!
I would think it might be best to respond to as many as possible actually. But with calm "just the facts, Ma'm" tone. You want to acknowledge the weaknesses and clearly explain their significance... or lack thereof. I think that leaving a criticism unanswered may plant some doubt in possibly uneducated buyers,

ablank135

Site Donor
Reaction score
I will submit the write up which I modeled after two recent coupe postings, I didn’t stray far from their forma!
Anyone I know? If you want to go the route I did (and I'm not sure it helped), I had the Rob Siegel-ish long-form post ready to go when the auction went live to get ahead of a lot of the usual questions/comments. Arguably, I overcooked it.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I would think it might be best to respond to as many as possible actually. But with calm "just the facts, Ma'm" tone. You want to acknowledge the weaknesses and clearly explain their significance... or lack thereof. I think that leaving a criticism unanswered may plant some doubt in possibly uneducated buyers,
Agree, I didn’t mean to literally ignore the idiots, just not to let it worry you

Last edited:

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
No matter the written description BaT will invariably mate it with their inimitable ‘style’ featuring cliché features such as chrome bumpers a 120 mph speedometer & turn signals!

May it do well despite all the inane peanut gallery nonsense. Photos speak louder than the words.
"Features gluten free, free range air in all tires!"

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
I think we should start nit picking the car now so Chris can get ahead of the game. A little warm up if you will.

- Beautiful car. Is that a factory color?
- Are you sure?
- Is that a 2002 grille?
- I heard these cars have nuclear reactors on the exhaust from '70-74. Does this car still have those?
- Are you sure?
- Why is there a gap there?
- Is that over spray?
- What happened to the body lines on the side? The ones right there that you can't see?
- Why are these cars worth so much now?
- Why is the window like that?

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
I think we should start nit picking the car now so Chris can get ahead of the game. A little warm up if you will.

- Beautiful car. Is that a factory color?
- Are you sure?
- Is that a 2002 grille?
- I heard these cars have nuclear reactors on the exhaust from '70-74. Does this car still have those?
- Are you sure?
- Why is there a gap there?
- Is that over spray?
- What happened to the body lines on the side? The ones right there that you can't see?
- Why are these cars worth so much now?
- Why is the window like that?
Don't forget the insidious ones..that can take auctions into a rabbit hole.

-Why are the door and fender different colors?
-When was the hood repainted - it doesn't match the rest of the car.
-The engine doesn't sound healthy in the video.