Door seals - US source non OE

bmwsydney

Site Donor
Reaction score
OK..........dumb question time please. What model car are you talking about. My 1974 E9 3.0csi Australian delivered, so presumably Euro equvalent car doesn't have those rubbers installed at the moment. Not saying thats correct, and I have to slam my doors but I thought that might have more to do with the door brakes and pins.

bmwsydney

Site Donor
Reaction score
This is the inside of my door.

Attachments

• IMG_6640.JPG
    IMG_6640.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 164
  • IMG_6639.JPG
    IMG_6639.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 155

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Peter,
IF you buy some of this, you might consider getting enough for both doors (or maybe enough for 6-8 doors for other owners). Shipping cost per seal for one door would be much less!
PM me for my shipping address if/when you are ready to make the purchase. Glad to be able to help.

By the way, the need to slam the door may be related to adjustment of the striker/receiver on the B pillar.

Cheers,

Gary

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
All coupes have this rubber on trailing edge of doors, it isn't as hard as the surround rubber and shouldn't cause closing issues.

bmwsydney

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks Gary. I'll get onto this today. Just got up and am about to go for a walk but more later. Thanks for your advice. First class,

Peter

Peter,
IF you buy some of this, you might consider getting enough for both doors (or maybe enough for 6-8 doors for other owners). Shipping cost per seal for one door would be much less!
PM me for my shipping address if/when you are ready to make the purchase. Glad to be able to help.

By the way, the need to slam the door may be related to adjustment of the striker/receiver on the B pillar.

Cheers,

Gary
Gary.

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi Gary. It’s been 3 years since you posted this. I was wondering if this rubber held up well until (IIRC) you sold the car.

Dan Wood

Site Donor
Reaction score
When I was looking for a trunk seal I finally found it at eEuroparts.com and they also have aftermarket seals. The OEM trunk seal at $66 is a good price. Not sure how good the URO seals would be but mybe worth a try.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
When I was looking for a trunk seal I finally found it at eEuroparts.com and they also have aftermarket seals. The OEM trunk seal at $66 is a good price. Not sure how good the URO seals would be but mybe worth a try.

I'm not 100% certain, but I think the link you sent is the trunk lid seal for an E10 (2002). I did not see the E9 part on their website.

Dan Wood

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm not 100% certain, but I think the link you sent is the trunk lid seal for an E10 (2002). I did not see the E9 part on their website.
When I took the part number into Maximillian you are right it shows 2002. However when I look up 2800CS in Maximillian it calls for this part number. The gasket is now on my 2800CS. Here is the Maximillian liink. Item 10

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score