Strut bar.......

Orangener

Reaction score
Tell you what Oranegener...(can't recall your first name?)

If you wish, I can help coordinate .........

Ran

Ran, first of all, my name is Andi, much easier to spell than Orangenererer :-D
Second, I accept your offer, thanks, of course !
On the understanding that the buyers fall in line with you!
Third, should i reserve the last one for you?
If the strut-bar dont fit in your 2800Cs, or unfortunately you don´t purchase it, i´m sure you will find an accepter for it ! :)

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
Dear Orangenerererer....

lol!!!!

Andi, (thanks!) Vienna, correct?

I seem to recall reading somewhere (in this nine page Lev Nikolayevich Tolstoyvian 'novel' of a thread) that you were looking for a convenient way to get these units to the US buyers here cost effectively. If it seems reasonable I would be willing to facilitiate that process, and take on the risk involved...(indeed at present recalling that nary a good deed ever goes unpunished?) and wondered just how you would manage mailing them individually and still make your costs tenable? The cost for the postage, given the awkward packaging should be tremendous? Yes, no?

Delivering all the bars to one US location and then having me forward them onward might be a cost effective alternative...I thought perhaps that might be of value for you on future runs of the same units for others...(if you plan such) and fitting them to 2800's as well might be a good thing to ascertain.

I am not sure what building 14 new packages and then communicating with the new owners and hence taking them to post thereafter is worth but certainly something considerable?

Think upon this, oh great Orangererererererer... Ooops! Andi,

Cheers!

Ran

Orangener

Reaction score
Jranmann said:
Think upon this, oh great Orangererererererer

I think upon this, and i think a bit further:

If i have all parts together, i will try to make an exact calculation.
At the moment there are only 7 sets for the USA, a convenient size !

Approximately all parts have 4kg:

Shipping costs for a parcel with 4kg weight are 24,21 € insured for 250€ (or declared as gift ?)
Shipping costs for a parcel with 28kg weight are 96,21 €, thats 13,74€ each, insurance for 1750€, declaration as gift ? No good idea.......:-?

Because: By an insurance of 1750€ be sure the custom listen attentively !

Do we want to be taxpayers ? Or, how much tax would it be ?

We should reconsidering this !

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
State Sales tax here is the US is 'non-confroming' and relates to a buyers purchase from the same state that the goods are manufactured in...The rate is not consistant and some states have no sales tax...Don't think that would be an issue.

Customers further away from you might be asked to pay the additional shipping charges that appear to be about 11-12 euro less expensive as a group of 7 units as when sold and shipped individually but remember one must also add the US point to point shipping from say CA here to where ever the buyer wishes the package delivered.

I have a friend (who was a 2002 track racer for Team BMW) retired from that but who lives near me and is a customs agent in Long Beach, CA...if you think a consult with him regarding this issue is in order I will track him down at his home with a days notice and do so and relay his opinions.

Declared value taken from the actual value (your production cost?) is all that needs to be additionally insured, as most shippers will pay off the 'Declared' value from their own insurance, if say the plane or ship goes in the drink and IIRC then sends FedEx agent 'Tom Hanks' crazy to speak at volleyballs?

200px-Cast_away.jpg

lol!

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
Are we on with the group shipping to the US or is that idea a non-starter for other reasons Andi?

Pls. put me on the wait list please as I am getting closer to purchase...

Cheers!

Ran

Orangener

Reaction score
Her are the 15 :

1. ORANGENER (ME)
2. pmansson (Switzerland)
3. Keshav (Germany)
4. TomEi (Germany)
5. Daniel (Germany)
6. ecto1(Fjord CSL/Austria)
7. ecto1(Golf CSL/Austria)
8. jranmann
9. bmwmadmann
10. steve
11. timt
12. fast3.0csi
13. iconoclast6
14. tyler
15. elrey

Orangener

Reaction score
The heat-treatment is done, the plates are back!
But there´s another little problem for a delay:
The flat locknuts were only available in "steel", no stainless.
I have to galvanize them, also the 30 small spacer rings beside the swivelheads.
In at least 1 week i should have all parts completed !

Yesterday I have made 15 left and 15 right M12 bushings, that will be welded into the tube.
For the european customers this will be done by a professionel welder, the guys "over the pond" will only receive the set with the "naked" bushings, without the tube.
Reason is, the shipping for such a long part is more expensive than the part itself. I should not be a big problem for you, to find a welder in your neighborhood........

The pipe dimension is Ø 30mm / 2mm thickness, that looks very solid.

Stellmutter2.jpg
Stellmutter.jpg

I will make single parcels, individually adressed to each customer.

Price for the complete set is 300€, including the shipping price to the States with insurance as well as the PayPal bank transfer expenses.

jranmann / bmwmadmann / steve / timt / fast3.0csi / iconoclast6 / tyler / elrey

Please contact me under [email protected] concerning STRUTBAR , i send you the payment instructions and need you NAME and ADDRESS

Orangener

Reaction score
Ready to ship !

All parts assembled :

2-1.jpg

single parts

3-1.jpg

To weld on.......

1-3.jpg

Please,
jranmann / steve /
you havn´t reported back, contact me under
[email protected]
concerning STRUTBAR , i will send you the payment instructions and need you NAME and ADDRESS

Last edited:

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
Andi if it's a concern, Al in Canada can use my bar until I get my coupe in the spring... so give Steve some time to respond and send mine to Al as a loaner.....this assumes you are as bright as a button and will produce another run in the near future, or am I mistaken?

Cheers!

Ran

Orangener

Reaction score
Ran, very greatfull, you would gladden Al´s heart !
I put him on the list instead of you !
I provide to do another run, but not in the near future........maybe in 1 year...:-?

PS: How did you know ist Al? Are Canadian are such as rare here in this forum? :confused:

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
Andi,

Al and myself have been conversing about British Columbia and how nice it is to retire there...he's to visit the US next month and we should meet up then to see if he wants to purchase my BBS RS wheel set.

I also suggested he convert his springs and suspension in a way that might be suitable and then with my CSi purchase falling thru and also deciding to have Mario Langstem build me a car makes next year the soonest I can actually use the stut bar... as I don't have an e9 myself as of yet...consequently I offered to give up my place to Al as his suspension is giving him trouble and why not let him use it until either you go another round or he can find another solution...He should give it back if I pay him the funds...if you are not to make up another 15 or so?

Let's hope that it all works out, and thanks again!

Ran

Orangener

Reaction score
Better late than never :-D

fast3.0csi (Steve)
Steve (Steve)
Pamp (Allen)
Bmwmadman (Gary)
Elrey (Kingman)

Payed is marked ORANGE

Last edited:

verde2002

Site Donor
Reaction score
This post is way too long to go through. A quick question, was this strur bar ever built? Is it availabale for sale? How much?

Orangener

Reaction score
Quick answers:

Build? Yes !
For sale? Yes !
Price? 300.- € including shipping and all other costs, with a little surprise within the parcel
Available? No longer ! its sold out.....
Pics ? see link:

http://s250.photobucket.com/albums/gg265/Orangener/Domstrebenplatte/
http://s984.photobucket.com/albums/ae321/GruberAndreas/Strut-bar Domstrebe/?start=all

Happy Holidays to everyone too ! Merry Christmas! Frohe Weihnachten und ein glückliches neues Jahr ! Feliz navidad, prospero ano nuevo, felicidad ! Vrolijk Kerstfeest! Nollaig Shona Dhuit! Joyeux Noël! Suksan Wan Christmas! Wesolych Swiat! Schöni Wienacht oder E guëti Wiënachtä! Prejeme Vam Vesele Vanoce! Kala Christougenna! Buon Natale!

smilie_xmas_209.gif

Last edited: