bdigel

Reaction score
some more pictures of the exterior in primer

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

the guys at Custom Color are doing a fantastic job . This is the 1st layer of primer. then they will use another product to find inperfections , fix them , and hopefully we will have some color soon, I got some more pictures to post up later

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
looking great Brendan ... looking forward to seeing color. BTW, what color(s) are you going to go with? you might have said ... i just don't remember

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The pictures. I'm sure, do not do her justice! I'm looking for a good excuse to travel your way to check her out in person :) and if the paint is done by then at least I can say I knew her when she was just a young pup in many pieces :)

Question- does she have a name?

bdigel

Reaction score
Thanks guys . I going to hold out and surprise you guys with the color , hahaha , youll just have to wait , building up some excitement . No name yet .

a few more pic's for the time being

007.JPG

008.JPG

roof wing installed

bdigel

Reaction score
Hi GolfBavaria

I got the rear roof wing from Zapp Race . Since then I lost the mounting kit so we had new mounts made .

009.JPG

010.JPG

011.JPG

012.JPG

013.JPG

bdigel

Reaction score
the body shop has been busy. The guys at color works are ready to put the last coat of primer on the car. The 1st coat is used to help find inperfections , which are then smoothed out . They finished that process and now its ready for paint !

001.JPG

002.JPG

the doors all done

003.JPG

004.JPG

The last bit of filler and sanding getting done

006.JPG

010.JPG

masking off the exterior so the interior, engine bay, roll cage, etc can get expoxy primer

008.JPG

009.JPG

the guys at Color works really paid a lot of attention to detail , more than I had hoped for, notice how nice the "shaved " engine bay has turned out

011.JPG

007.JPG

012.JPG

the trunk prep done

013.JPG

the rear suspension masked off so they can paint the underside of the car

MyFemurHurts

Reaction score
I wish my Coupe fund was bigger. I'd buy that $8k rust special and do this to it. Its been great seeing it come together, and I can't wait to see the final product!

bdigel

Reaction score
Body guy got the interior in epoxy primer today !
stay tuned should be an exiting week

photo%2B1.JPG

Rolled into the paint booth

photo%2B2.JPG

photo%2B4.JPG

the interior and bars primed and ready for some color

photo%2B3.JPG

Ive been waiting for 2 years to see the engine bay like this !

bdigel

Reaction score
Regretfully I will not be ready for the mitty . kinda of a bummer, but Id rather get it right than hurry and screw things up. It should be ready by summer , and Ill do some test and tune days over the summer , and hopefully by fall Ill have it all sorted out .

so in the MEANTIME a little teaser

014.JPG

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
hmmmm ... looks interesting Brendan ... but since its April Fool's day ... we don't believe you ... YET? show us more soon

cheers
scott

bdigel

Reaction score
hmmmm ... looks interesting Brendan ... but since its April Fool's day ... we don't believe you ... YET? show us more soon

cheers
scott

No unfortunately no April fools joke , The mitty is what 3 weeks away , just not enough time to get everything done

and neither is the color choice , cats out of the bag now, Gosser Beer green fellas !

another teaser shot from the painter

photo%2B3.JPG