What did you do to your E9 today?

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Nearly finished one of my most disliked jobs. Putting the console and parts of the dash back together. WHOOPEEE, glad that's accomplished.

Oh - and when I came into the house, I told my wife "If I ever come into the house and say I had a fun day working under the dash or on the console" of ANY car, she would know it was time to commit me to the Loony Bin!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Ha! Steve I love your avid use of the dining room table and kitchen appliances for BMW restoration.

wife not home so I prepped a caliper for rebuild, convection ovens are great for drying parts :cool:

RBKSek8cBGvyLEDIVewdeC5UbuPIFTAVaK2p27Q8rs97pUhS9s1N95BnEX8alJ4pdornnyofJSawK3rCl8c0N5PtY7KMDhmamZYruFApq6mOOppf-mt9473ypOxa6orA92uRPa_1m1ChqTurSErzdeOSRrwH40JXgkRHn0Ay9aC5hSxn3pV9ihHZRmrUDF2GSZ-KoJ3TfXDgqD9jD7ckauNR4OZdgrz3uv5M2845mPfdf7sGMxk78FNmqnUJ89nxlZgxWfghtvKHYyCFEsVEv20XGQAItZE6VfzlZiJa3FyD22qDdfYlqdS4Qb5mtpUlzSCMPuKjg19h5QCRWhGN8N7XqxnNSRxmSLOX3QIQ8K6E9Gn6SHZoeLkKBDEv9l5R5PfTD0qQBH8ZC6Pci2OUJIgF2J20zB2CvfmFMKYWcJfsJ_aa6cMPzSFMUIvNzW8iLe97qU8gRglVgGyXFMcNpI4vwAzHcVt1sCTBuWIkWL6OmrgSA7EjF_BK1fryL4brFfJeV3Ly_NiTWmWI5GDWaS0wkUam6x1wzDdKVKj8KUOaVZGuX_Y2XhpopQlMZEfdnu32lUcJvEeUvaBBnq028ixMuKTU82ykzl7Ws7OtNly24c4lOUnH=w1027-h771-no

TravL350

Site Donor
Reaction score
I used my basement "workshop" this week to degrease and lubricate my rear window regulators. I got busted so hard I don't know if I'll be allowed to bring any parts into the house any more. Apparently degreaser gasses off some fumes? Who knew.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I used my basement "workshop" this week to degrease and lubricate my rear window regulators. I got busted so hard I don't know if I'll be allowed to bring any parts into the house any more. Apparently degreaser gasses off some fumes? Who knew.
Yup, I have to do smelly things (as defined by She Who Must be Obeyed) in the garage or outside

gazzol

Reaction score
Today I finished making the rearward section of my exhaust, I also discovered that the piece of fan blade that I found on the floor that detached itself the other day (when I gave the engine a rev) put a big outward dent in my (aluminium) bonnet/hood and cracked the paint in my brand new paint job :(:(:(.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
she's very cute Steve ... and she looks comfy in the coupe. i think you should have named her deuce ( little deuce coupe )

Bwana

Reaction score
Picked up a used 265 from another member yesterday. Gave us an excuse to motor around doing wine tasting for a couple of days! Yum! Coupe ran flawlessly, got thumbs up everywhere.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i finished rolling the fender lips ... and took the coupe to the paint shop to fix the paint on the lips and a few other minor touchups. when it comes home it will be time for the speedway polished belt trims and new fender / hood grilles. in the meantime, i am working on rear windows (the spare set of windows ... cleaning + greasing and new rubber pieces). thank god for 2 things - the excellent write up from deQ and the invaluable window motor tool from Stan

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Had nice drive, met with member from TX, Interesting note, my speedometer was bouncing like Greg Louganus on the diving board and then there was a lot of clicking under the dash, well, the clicking got louder and the needle stopped bouncing and started reading correctly and steadily but the regular and trip odo stopped working and now I cannot prove how many miles I've driven her. I will correct this unfortunate turn of events when the new motor and trans goes in :). Also got my bluetooth working so I now have pandora and a little JBL speaker between the seats which gives me a poor selection of Grateful Dead since I am too cheap to pay for "premium".

And as another side note, I found at Sam's Club for 17.00 a magnetic window mount for my phone so you put this little strip on the back of your phone (or case) and use the suction thing to hold the base to the window and my phone just stays there and can be used for nav which is much easier than the dog's breakfast I had up there. Again, I hope to have a much cleaner interior once the new engine goes in as I'll be replacing the dash at that time as well.

"He or she who dies with the most miles on their coupe wins"!!!

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
Sorted and labeled some boxes of parts on the garage shelfs waiting for 'the restoration' to begin. Aired up the coupe's tires as after two years of sitting, they had lost a significant percentage of their air. Wrapping up the Boxster servicing that been the hold up for getting started with the coupe.
Soon, very soon now it will begin.....

Philippe db

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Also went shopping at our friend Enoz and bought a few of his sets. In the end I decided to go for the NOS Hella 118 clear driving lights. Because they were in brand new condition I also decided to replace all existing lights with new Hella's. So here you go 6 new Hella's in a row. Big thanks to DC for the custom made driving lights cabel three.:)

Attachments

• IMG_5956.JPG
    IMG_5956.JPG
    434.9 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_5958.JPG
    IMG_5958.JPG
    421.2 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_5959.JPG
    IMG_5959.JPG
    455.7 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_5960.JPG
    IMG_5960.JPG