What did you do to your E9 today?

RMP

Site Donor $
Reaction score
IMG_0693.JPG
IMG_0695.JPG
Have you re-flocked? Glovebox and hood release door, now in black, a bit more elegant..View attachment 23794 View attachment 23794

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
so RMP, what product did you use to do this ... or did you send them somewhere? they look great.

RMP

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Flockit.com, pick the color that you want, get the kit - it has everything. I used plain rubbing alcohol, in a spray bottle, a small plastic putty blade and all the old flock and adhesive came up. Putting on the new adhesive and flock was very easy. Thanks

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Looks great

Flockit.com, pick the color that you want, get the kit - it has everything. I used plain rubbing alcohol, in a spray bottle, a small plastic putty blade and all the old flock and adhesive came up. Putting on the new adhesive and flock was very easy. Thanks

OLD_DTM

Reaction score
She is almost ready for paint next week!!!

Attachments

• 16730108_10155070955883593_8021976002506696873_n.jpg
    16730108_10155070955883593_8021976002506696873_n.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 169
  • 16711849_10155070956543593_6050277522707322970_n.jpg
    16711849_10155070956543593_6050277522707322970_n.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 165

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i put on the chrome rocker trims and new door gasket, the black coupe looks so much better with these on. cleaned all of the dirt on the rocker + door jambs while i was in there. now i'm working on cleaning and regreasing the rear window regulators + motors.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
yep, i gotta go thru that at somepoint in the not-to-distant future ... off, fix the rubber around the overrider and then back on. UNLESS, there is a way to take an overrider off without removing the whole bumper. i hope that somebody can tell me this is possible.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
yep, i gotta go thru that at somepoint in the not-to-distant future ... off, fix the rubber around the overrider and then back on. UNLESS, there is a way to take an overrider off without removing the whole bumper. i hope that somebody can tell me this is possible.

It is not possible to replace the overrider rubber without removing the bumper. Best case scenario have 2 friends help remove and replace the bumper with you. One on each side and you in the middle, makes it a much more controlled install than doing it by yourself.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
don't need to replace the overrider rubber per se, i need to replace the rubber on the left side and the trim rubber on the left side between the bumper and the overrider. i presume that the answer is the same. so i guess i should have asked, can i remove the left side of the bumper without removing the whole bumper.

out of curiosity, does one remove the front bumper by unbolting the brackets that fastens to the frame rail ... or do you unbolt it at the overrider? i presume that is at the frame rail.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
don't need to replace the overrider rubber per se, i need to replace the rubber on the left side and the trim rubber on the left side between the bumper and the overrider. i presume that the answer is the same. so i guess i should have asked, can i remove the left side of the bumper without removing the whole bumper.

out of curiosity, does one remove the front bumper by unbolting the brackets that fastens to the frame rail ... or do you unbolt it at the overrider? i presume that is at the frame rail.

No, the bolts that connect the curved sides to the center section are behind the over rider and are impossible to get to with the bumper on.

Yes, I remove the bumper by unbolting the brackets from the frame rails in the fender wells and then each side from the fenders. Then pull forward while angling the bracket ends around the captured carriage bolts, that's why I recommend assistance. Makes it a more controlled operation.

viphoto

Reaction score
Test drove the car after swapping out a Getrag 265 over the weekend to replace one with a bad 4th gear syncro...Held my breath on each shift...all is good. It's nice to not have to skip from 3rd to 5th any more. Amazing the weird sore muscles I get from doing this kind of job and the amount of grunts and groans seem to be increasing as I get older.

Bwana

Reaction score
Replaced the right side door brake. I hate the jobs where I have to remove the door card but it went reasonably well this time!