ZF vs Getrag driveability

gwittman

Reaction score
I like my ZF compared to the Getrags I have driven. The only issue I have noticed recently is when approaching a corner and shifting into second at speed, it tries to grind unless double clutching and rev to mesh the gears. It never happens when upshifting or if I wait until after I go around the corner and down shift. I guess I have made too many high speed entries into corners without the heal/toe driving style.

bmw2800cs

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I like my ZF compared to the Getrags I have driven. The only issue I have noticed recently is when approaching a corner and shifting into second at speed, it tries to grind unless double clutching and rev to mesh the gears. It never happens when upshifting or if I wait until after I go around the corner and down shift. I guess I have made too many high speed entries into corners without the heal/toe driving style.
W&N actually has syncros for our ZF:

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
La Jolla independent said parts haven't been available for 15 years.

I think that is true for Getrag, but even then the synchros and other consumeabkes are available.

It is possible that this could be true for
some aspects of the four speed, such as the case etc. The five speed is very much in play with it the community and the ZF parts are available OEM and aftermarket.

gwittman

Reaction score