WTB Windscreen wiper motor

inovermyhead

Reaction score
Any one have a wiper motor that surplus to needs that they would be willing to sell, as long as it works I'm not worried about how it looks.

Cheers. John

inovermyhead

Reaction score
Hi Jesus,
Do you have any idea how much you want for one of your spares, and what it would cost to post to Australia?
You can pm me a message

Thanks. John

Aussiecsi

Reaction score
John, if "numbers" don't work with DeQ, maybe try a local wrecking yard ...I believe the motor is common to E3, E12 and E24. Otherwise, Peninsula BMW in Victoria may have one and they ship nationally. Cheers, Simon

Rek

Reaction score
I am now also in the market for a replacement wiper motor. Mine works but only because I raised it from the dead for my MOT test. I had to replace a brush and clean lots of rust from the coils. Also there were bits of the magnets missing. It really is puny, and I do not look forward to when I might actually need to use the wipers.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Check with Adam? He has lots and lots of parts in yard by Surfers.

inovermyhead

Reaction score
Thanks Don, I got one out of an old E3 and Lo and behold works perfectly, after a bit of tlc it even looks like new again

Cheers. John

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
W&N offer them new but they are for '74 and later. The difference is the ground is in the connector and not in a separate spade. Easy fix.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Our 2800 is original and there is no wiper motor cover. I don't know when these were introduced, any original coupe owners out there?

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I believe that the covers came with the upgrade in 1974 along with the black wiper arms.

Wladek

Reaction score
I believe that the covers came with the upgrade in 1974 along with the black wiper arms.
I think Keshav is for 99,99% right. On E3 this part is shown in BMW catalogue for production years 1968-1977, but i doubt that it was mounted in early models. In E12, E24 is shown just as mounted "till 1981 and 1982".
I got mine from early E24.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
RealOEM will list the very model it fits today, not always when it was introduced unfortunately. As an example it lists chrome wiper arms for every model and the same for black ones, which means they fit but that's all. I think 74 is when they were introduced as well.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
RealOEM will list the very model it fits today, not always when it was introduced unfortunately. As an example it lists chrome wiper arms for every model and the same for black ones, which means they fit but that's all. I think 74 is when they were introduced as well.

We touched on this in my project thread. I picked one up but we agreed that they
Our 2800 is original and there is no wiper motor cover. I don't know when these were introduced, any original coupe owners out there?

I got my cover from Peter. We checked his 'very correct' CSL's and none of them had a cover. At the time I figured it was a CSL wright reduction thing.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
We touched on this in my project thread. I picked one up but we agreed that they

I got my cover from Peter. We checked his 'very correct' CSL's and none of them had a cover. At the time I figured it was a CSL wright reduction thing.
Mark, is that why drivers had to have all their body hair shaved? A weight thing? Add up all those little reductions, and they can shave(pun intended) about a pound off the weight. Truly Licht Weight.

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score

Wiper motor covers were introduced in '74 which is the same year they changed the design of the housing and connector.