WTB: VDO Windshield Washer Bottle for 73' Bavaria

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Anyone have any extra washer fluid bottles laying around. Must be stamped VDO. OEM or NOS and can be faded, just no cracks. I have had one for a while that I bought off Ebay that visibly looked in good shape. Almost too clean, if not NOS don't mind a little "patina fade." However, last night I was hooking up motor, filled the bottle with fluid and water/windshield washer fluid mix started pouring out all over the place. Ended up having a hairline crack along the stress point where it fits in metal holder, along the plastic V. It is hard to see even knowing it is there. I filled with Gorilla Glue, seems to be holding water so to speak. I'm thinking of laying some JB weld along it too until I can find one in good shape. So, if any other suggestions on filling hairline crack or if anyone has one to sell or knows anyone with one I'm all ears. THX.

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hey Chris, is that different than the VDO? If so I appreciate the offer but trying to find the VDO. If it is a VDO I'll take it, PM me. Thanks!!

J.B.

Site Donor
Reaction score
I've got one with the pump that you can have for postage. It has a small hole that I think can be fixed and the ridge that the cap snaps onto needs some love. Shoot me a PM with your email and I'll send you some pics.

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
J.B. sorry I just noticed this. One of my friends from this site was kind enough and gave me a spare one he had. Thanks for the offer! Both of you are reasons I love this site! Cheers! GB