WTB Suspension Technique Front and Rear Anti-Sway Bar Set

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have thought about these on and off for my car for a while. Can someone say with certainty that the ride difference for those that are on public roads only, is substantially improved? Similar to a strut brace , I have not pulled the plug on either. I do feel like a horrible parent who has the only kid without a Schwinn orange picker.

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have thought about these on and off for my car for a while. Can someone say with certainty that the ride difference for those that are on public roads only, is substantially improved? Similar to a strut brace , I have not pulled the plug on either. I do feel like a horrible parent who has the only kid without a Schwinn orange picker.

Ha, I think all of us wanted a Stingray, but only one kid in the neighborhood had one. I had a Huffy knockoff, it had the shock on the front fork, banana seat with sissy bar, little front wheel, and raised white letter tires. It was cool, just not as cool as the real thing.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
It depends on if you have a sensitive butt. For me, the reduction in roll and faster transition is substantial and meaningful. But, you do give up a small amount of ride compliance over some types of wavy/bumpy roads. I would do thicker anti-sway bars before going to lower/stiffer springs.

Last edited:

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I went from worn out floaty nebulous original Sachs all around, original springs, original worn-out rubber bushings on original anti-sway bars.

2 days later...
New Bilstein HDs front and rear, Carl Nelson front springs & computerized wheel alignment
New Carl Nelson/Suspension Techniques anti-sway bars, F-28mm, R- 22mm, greased urethane bushings.

Only place on a street car for anything urethane are the anti-sway-bars which remain rigid & decrease body roll significantly.
Rubber compresses & deforms faster increasing body roll over time.

I have actually cracked one of the front bushing brackets. The bolts & the subframe tab slot were fine so Voit at Autowerkes Maine welded & reinforced both brackets.

Everything is here in detail from May 19th 2012 to July 30th 2023, https://e9coupe.com/forum/threads/andrew-wilsons-73-csi.11519/page-22

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Ha, I think all of us wanted a Stingray, but only one kid in the neighborhood had one. I had a Huffy knockoff, it had the shock on the front fork, banana seat with sissy bar, little front wheel, and raised white letter tires. It was cool, just not as cool as the real thing.
I had a Pea Picker, the green one of the Krate models - Lemon Peeler, Apple Krate, Orange Krate. Best birthday present ever, but was very self concious riding it to school lol. Had the vasectomy-in-waiting 5 speed shifter on the top rail. Was a heavy bike though with the front and rear shocks and tons of chrome - I couldn't jump it like my stripped down stingray with sissy bar and ape-hangars that it replaced. Worth big bucks now.

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
They were the Harley's of bikes. Overall as impractical as hell. Heavy and shifting meant one hand off the steering. The "Warnings" paperwork would weigh more than the bike in today's world.

oz73csi

Reaction score
I am interested in these bars but all I get is either no international shipping or the shipping is the same price as the bars , anyone have any options?
I may have to pick up some standard 528i bars locally otherwise.

coupedegrace

Site Donor
Reaction score
I had a Pea Picker, the green one of the Krate models - Lemon Peeler, Apple Krate, Orange Krate. Best birthday present ever, but was very self concious riding it to school lol. Had the vasectomy-in-waiting 5 speed shifter on the top rail. Was a heavy bike though with the front and rear shocks and tons of chrome - I couldn't jump it like my stripped down stingray with sissy bar and ape-hangars that it replaced. Worth big bucks now.
My Stingray had junior bars and no sissy bar - my choice. Junior bars were substantially shorter than the ape hangers. Made the bike handle much more quickly. Also I was a small kid. After I got the Stingray (still one of my best presents EVAR) BMX came roaring onto the scene. Eventually I removed the fenders, chain guard and swapped the banana seat for a, um, non-banana seat? An avocado seat maybe? Anyway, I played like it was a BMX bike - jumping off anything and everything I could find. Eventually I got a Mongoose with Tuff Wheels. It was cool, but really nothing will ever hold a candle to walking into the living room on Christmas morning and seeing that blue Stingray glinting in the light.