WTB steering column switches

Kizilsakal

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Wally

its a 72
but I think I found a set in Europe.
I am in Turkey so it would probably cost a lot to ship the from Australia right?

Wally Siswadji

Reaction score
Hi. I have 72 CSI. Do yours work well? Can you send me pictures.
Thanks

Hi Jahan,

I managed to upload pics. These switches are from pre 74 model.
Cheers
IMG_5065.JPG
IMG_5067.jpg
IMG_5070.jpg
IMG_5071.jpg

Kizilsakal

Site Donor
Reaction score
I never had the E9 running. I bought my car in an incomplete state. so my questions may be silly to some, I apologize in advance.
isn't the wiper switch next to the shifter on the E9?

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I never had the E9 running. I bought my car in an incomplete state. so my questions may be silly to some, I apologize in advance.
isn't the wiper switch next to the shifter on the E9?
That button next to the shifter is for wiper speed. The actuator is on the stalk mounted on the steering wheel

Kizilsakal

Site Donor
Reaction score
That button next to the shifter is for wiper speed. The actuator is on the stalk mounted on the steering wheel

OK now it makes more sense

Thanks Stan

So now back to the original question would the stalk mounted switches on 2000 NK fit E9?

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
What year is the 2000NK ?

Walloth Nesch has the hi-lo headlight stalk for the very early cars (left side of steering column), but does not have the turn signal stalk (right side of steering column).

The early stalks do not have the wiring harness, but have male connectors on the back of the switches. The switches pictured above, appear to be identical to those found on the later 2002 models. By early, I'm speaking about my 1967, 2000CS. I am not certain when BMW made the change to the wiring harness-style of stalk.

You might look at the NK section of BMW2002FAQ.com for more anwers (the site is being updated at the moment, so expect some downtime there)

I just bought the early hi-lo stalk from W&N and it works perfectly.

The e9 switches are different than what I bought for the 2000CS... very expensive! https://www.wallothnesch.com/en/body-electric/bmw-2-5-cs-3-0-csl-e9/catalog-picture-61-03.html

Ed

Last edited: