WTB: Raised Letter Trunk Badge

CANADA CS

Reaction score
Somewhere on the planet there must be an NOS trunk badge of the type I need to match the one on my hood.
Original Part # 51-14-1-813-833
Raised letter painted version not plastic replacement type.
One piece with integral pins, not the separate base type with gasket.
A finishing touch for my CS and worth some "ransom" to me!
Thanks

Marco 54

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Good morning Canada CS

I am sure I have a couple of these emblems - one excellent used item and a new one. I am not sure that they have the part number you identify but they are both raised letter emblems with the built in curved collar to fit the trunk profile.

If you can bear with me for a little while I will search my loft and locate the emblems!
I will send photos.

Cheers.

Mark
Marco54

CANADA CS

Reaction score
Hi Mark
Wow did not think this could be found so easily!
If you do have a new one I would be one happy guy.
Not fixated on the part number as you clearly know which type I am looking for.
No rush as the car will not be out of the garage until May at least.
Regards
Paul

Marco 54

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Good afternoon Paul

I hope I have not misled you. :rolleyes:

I have found the emblems and I attach photos below. The used emblem is numbered 5114 1872 327. It is a pressed aluminium unit, not the current nasty plastic one (5114 8132 375). However the 'BMW' letters are NOT actually raised. They are silver on black and sit flush with the black outer ring of the emblem.

The new emblem is still shrink-wrapped and I suspect it is the same number as the used one.

If you are interested let me know. If not, I apologise if I have unnecessarily raised your expectations. if you are not interested I will understand.

I didn't pay a lot for the emblems and I would be happy to receive what I paid (£30 + postage for the new one).

Cheers, Paul.

Mark
Marco54

1 Boot-curved emblem-used.JPG

2 Boot-curved emblem-back.JPG

3 Boot-curved emblem-still wrapped.JPG

CANADA CS

Reaction score
Thanks Mark
Yes you did get my hopes up!
Looked closely at your pics and although the -327 version is nicer than the all plastic - 328 version it is not the older raised letter & painted style I am trying to find which is an original -833 part number.
Regards
Paul

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
In my (admittedly limited) research, 833 is VERY difficult to find. You constantly get referred to 327 which is the flat letters version.

CANADA CS

Reaction score
Hi Mark
Yes that is true but I continue to look and hope.
Might have to settle for the 327 version you have.......a little difficult to decide from the pictures.
Is it just the letters that are flat what about the inside borders are they raised?
Do the black, blue, and white surfaces have a "painted" look or are they plastic coated?
Let me know,
Paul

Marco 54

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi Mark
Yes that is true but I continue to look and hope.
Might have to settle for the 327 version you have.......a little difficult to decide from the pictures.
Is it just the letters that are flat what about the inside borders are they raised?
Do the black, blue, and white surfaces have a "painted" look or are they plastic coated?
Let me know,
Paul

Good evening Paul

The letters and the silver separating lines are flat but the emblem looks like a quality, painted item and it is way superior to the horrible, cheap plastic version (5114 8132 375). The silver cross lines of the roundel are fine and silver, not wide, flat and grey; they look 3-dimensional - even from 12" away.

I attach a photo of the 5114 1872 327 emblem alongside a plastic one. It is dark here now and I have had to take the photograph in artificial light. I'll try to do a better one in daylight.

IMG_5797.JPG

I have to point out that since our last communication in which it seemed that you didn't want the '327' emblem, another Member has swooped and taken the shrink-wrapped NOS emblem.

However the one in the photo above is another NOS item and not the used one I originally described! It is yours if you want it and I'll await your instructions.

Cheers, Paul.

Mark
Marco54

Last edited:

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I called around to find a #833 trunk emblem. I have found one so if any interest send me a pm.
I should add that the 833 is actually for the E3 and not the E9. I’m told that the trunk curvature is apparently slightly different to that of the E9.... it’s not brand new but in excellent condition.
In my search I have also found a set or two of the correct 3 piece E9 trunk emblems. All the three pieces (emblem, base and gasket
Pm für details on any of the two types. Pics and details for the 3 piece emblem on request via pm.

3311078C-A8F5-41C3-89A9-D5DE749433DB.jpeg

Last edited:

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
That 833 was the only one I had for the E3. Seems you have an E3 per your avatar?
@Marco 54 has one #327 which also shows is for the E3.
You might want to pm him.

Mot27cars

Site Donor
Reaction score
Good evening Paul

The letters and the silver separating lines are flat but the emblem looks like a quality, painted item and it is way superior to the horrible, cheap plastic version (5114 8132 375). The silver cross lines of the roundel are fine and silver, not wide, flat and grey; they look 3-dimensional - even from 12" away.

I attach a photo of the 5114 1872 327 emblem alongside a plastic one. It is dark here now and I have had to take the photograph in artificial light. I'll try to do a better one in daylight.

View attachment 88081

I have to point out that since our last communication in which it seemed that you didn't want the '327' emblem, another Member has swooped and taken the shrink-wrapped NOS emblem.

However the one in the photo above is another NOS item and not the used one I originally described! It is yours if you want it and I'll await your instructions.

Cheers, Paul.

Mark
Marco54
Hi. Which one is left at this point?
Thanks Tom