WTB: New Gas Cap!

bossrobot

Site Donor
Reaction score
I need a new gas cap ! I see that BMW makes one, but its listed for a 2002. Will it work for my coupe or give me pointer please.
Thanks !

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
getbmwparts.com shows the 3.0cs gas cap for 14.50

quick word to the wise, i believe that the gas cap is different for the 2800cs and the 3.0cs. if i'm not mistaken, one is vented and the other is not. i don't remember which is for which. i just looked it up on realoem and it shows the same for both.

if you want a lockable cap, its available ... but 100 bucks

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I need a new gas cap ! I see that BMW makes one, but its listed for a 2002. Will it work for my coupe or give me pointer please.
Thanks !

That is for a 2002 and it is much larger in diameter.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
getbmwparts.com shows the 3.0cs gas cap for 14.50

quick word to the wise, i believe that the gas cap is different for the 2800cs and the 3.0cs. if i'm not mistaken, one is vented and the other is not. i don't remember which is for which. i just looked it up on realoem and it shows the same for both.

if you want a lockable cap, its available ... but 100 bucks
The $14 one is plastic. All coupes use a non-vented cap, Ohne Luftung. Before the vapor canister and in Europe they vented with a pipe below the rear bumper.

kongsfam

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for this thread
Just tried a used gas cap from my 97 318ti
Nice and snug on the coupe, going to get the car painted and wanted to remove my shiny locking gas cap
and avoid having the shop deal with a key