WTB- new front chrome piece for right rear window

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I'd like to get a new chrome piece that 'holds' the rubber seal between the right rear window and the right door window. It is called a 'mounting rail', and the part number is: 51377740139

I have the new rubber seal, but the chrome piece is not available 'now' from BMW. The mounting rail for the left side window was available, I have it and the new left seal installed. The seals on both sides were in only fair shape when I bought the car.

Please let me know if you have one of these.

Thanks

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Gary,

I have one, and the tube to ship it in. It should be about $10 to ship. No delays this time. I'll snap some pics tonight.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Gary,

Well it looks like the condition is 'fair'. Full disclosure, I compare the CSI to my 2800 and swapped parts. I'll be doing this with all my parts as I go.

The one for sale has numerous scratches and dings. There are two small dents that could be ignored or tapped out. The good news is that it's polished aluminum, not chrome. The part can be sanded and buffed if desired. No worries if you aren't interested. If you are shoot me a price (or respond with a price) that reflects the condition. Thanks!

26197652046_aa46767da6_b.jpg

25620908443_610e11c92b_b.jpg

25618811904_c25fb62a20_b.jpg

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Gary,

sorry but the spare one from the right side was not in the best shape - the front edge was a bit beat up.

scott

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Gary,

If you have one consider taking it to a metal polisher. They can bring it to a mirror finish.

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
There are fellows listed in Hemmings Motor News in the “Services Offered” section who are masters at restoring trim. Even bent and corkscrewed pieces. It will save you looking all over and you will end up with a choice bit of trim