WTB MPH speedo

Dan Mooney

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I would like to change my Euro kmph speedo to a MPH speedo. My car has a 3.25 final drive so I believe the speedo I need would be a 1.078 code.

I would prefer a very nice condition unit, but would consider one needing a rebuild. I will be keeping the original kmph speedo, so I am not looking for an exchange.

Please PM me or email me direct at [email protected] if you have a speedo that might work for me.

Cheers!
Dan

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Find a nice speedo and have a reputable shop swap the gears to match the correct speed.

Or have a shop convert the speedo to GPS. THat way you can buy a 265 Getrag w/the electronic speedo, which won't be used if using a GPS. May be more readily available (the Getrag w/elec speedo that is)???

Dan Mooney

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Find a nice speedo and have a reputable shop swap the
If our resident astronaught wasn't busy prepping for his upcoming trip he would probably agree that 300mpgh in a coupe would feel similar to reentering Earth's atmosphere.

That's pretty funny Markos - and exactly right! I think you'd have to have an astronaut's courage to wind a coupe up to the factory claimed top speed of 137 MPH. I have a contemporary BMW (750Li) that I recently took up to 150 mph on a deserted South Texas road in serene, totally relaxed luxury, while listening to the White Album on low. I start getting a bit nervous in my coupe doing 137 kmph, let alone 137 MPH :eek:

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Don't forget 2800CS gauges numbers are ivory and not white. As a US 2800CS it might be a 3.45 which is common and W=1.14

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
That's pretty funny Markos - and exactly right! I think you'd have to have an astronaut's courage to wind a coupe up to the factory claimed top speed of 137 MPH. I have a contemporary BMW (750Li) that I recently took up to 150 mph on a deserted South Texas road in serene, totally relaxed luxury, while listening to the White Album on low. I start getting a bit nervous in my coupe doing 137 kmph, let alone 137 MPH :eek:

Quite right Dan , in rally we may obtain 100 mph but for a very short time... and even not knowing what we do :D