wtb: high beam/horn relay

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hey all, I'm looking for the high beam and horn relay, as pictured below. I've cleaned the connections in my old one but I still only get a weak clicking sound. Please let me know if you have an extra around, and of course, how much you want. Thanks!

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
you could buy a new "square" relay from BMW ... cut the bottom out of the round relay and hide the square one with the round can. several people have done this.

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
Huh, wasn't sure if the plastic block would fit into the can - but for ~$10, it should be worth a try. Thanks!

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Careful with the wiring, the new relays have the terminals in a different order. There are some older orange Bosch relays that have the correct order. Just confirm before swapping.

Try Double 02 Salvage, SFDon said once they stock some used cans.

Huh, wasn't sure if the plastic block would fit into the can - but for ~$10, it should be worth a try. Thanks!

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Careful with the wiring, the new relays have the terminals in a different order. There are some older orange Bosch relays that have the correct order. Just confirm before swapping.

Try Double 02 Salvage, SFDon said once they stock some used cans.

When I got them they were $20 each.

Some have bought square ones, removed the "guts" from the can relay and slid the can over the square...

Last edited: