WTB Front Right (Passenger) brake caliper

milwaukeesk

Member.
Site Donor
Reaction score
I just ordered new calipers but the order keeps getting delayed. At the moment I need 1 front right caliper to get my car back on the road. I have an e3 but the car was converted to vented up front so an e9, e12, e24 caliper all seems to be a good options.

Like I said, just looking to get the car back on the road while I wait to get the other ones. If I can't find one, I'll probably just attempt a quick rebuild.

m_thompson

Reaction score
I had the same issue with rear calipers. They eventually shipped them, and I found that they were for the non-vented rotors and were missing the spacer between the caliper halves. You can see rebuild ones on eBay listed for the 3.0 CS, but the picture shows calipers for the non-vented rotors. All of the vendors insist that they are the right ones for the vented rotors. I ended up rebuilding all of the calipers myself.

GK-E30M3

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have some Calipers that came with my parts car but would have to make sure that's what you need

Chris you can text me 708-204-7874 I can get you some pictures or email [email protected]

73tiiguy

Reaction score
I just ordered new calipers but the order keeps getting delayed. At the moment I need 1 front right caliper to get my car back on the road. I have an e3 but the car was converted to vented up front so an e9, e12, e24 caliper all seems to be a good options.

Like I said, just looking to get the car back on the road while I wait to get the other ones. If I can't find one, I'll probably just attempt a quick rebuild.

I don't have any spares myself right now.
Where did you order your calipers from? I've bought several from rockauto. I also purchased a rebuilt brake booster from them a few years ago. They source parts from A-1Cardone, Raybestos, Centric.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
If you need a loaner- let me know.
20 bucks shipping and I want it back!

m_thompson

Reaction score
I've bought several from rockauto. I also purchased a rebuilt brake booster from them a few years ago. They source parts from A-1Cardone, Raybestos, Centric.

All of the calipers from Cordone for the 3.0CS that I have seen are missing the spacers and won't fit over the vented rotors.

milwaukeesk

Member.
Site Donor
Reaction score
I appreciate the responses. To answer a few of your questions, I ordered the calipers from Summit racing and they are A1 cardone. I specifically ordered calipers for and e12 with the hopes that they get the spacing right. The pics that they show appear to be correct.

It seems most places (like rockauto) are back ordered on the calipers at the moment... guessing because they are low on Cores which makes sense in that the core deposit is only $15 for the fronts and $8 for the back. My plan was to not return, swap what I have with the new ones, then rebuild my current ones correctly to have backups.