WTB-flywheel for 5 spd conversion

billpatterson

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi there!

I am compiling the parts for a E3 automatic to a 5 speed conversion. I am using a Getrag 265. The next piece I am looking for is a decent used flywheel.

Regards,
Bill

BBOY

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Bill, is this the one. I might have one. Will let you know tomorrow. 20200607_193206.jpg20200607_193130.jpg20200607_193218.jpg

BBOY

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Bill, it's a bit rusty. Here is the measurement and it's a 240 mm disc.20200608_162528.jpg20200608_162614.jpg20200608_162634.jpg20200608_162512.jpg20200608_162701.jpg

Attachments

• 20200608_162634.jpg
    20200608_162634.jpg
    395.7 KB · Views: 80

billpatterson

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi! That’s cool and OK. Is one better than the other? As long as it’s not pitted; it can be resurfaced. How much $$ ? I live in Edmonton Alberta and my postal code is T5R4B5.

cheers
Bill

Jahan

Reaction score
Hi! That’s cool and OK. Is one better than the other? As long as it’s not pitted; it can be resurfaced. How much $$ ? I live in Edmonton Alberta and my postal code is T5R4B5.

cheers
Bill
Hi: I have a a complete set up from A to Z for conversion including resurfaced flywheel, upgraded clutch, Driveshaft, LS diff, shiftier & platform, 5 Speed & new modified cross member including very nice rebuilt half shafts. Let me know what you need other than flywheel.

billpatterson

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Jahan
Sounds great. I will need a modified driveshaft. It best to update the support bearing too. Is the driveshaft for a Automatic to 265 5 spd conversion? How has the driveshaft been modified? Please let me know what you are asking for the driveshaft? I am in Edmonton, Alberta T5R4B5.

Regards,
Bill

boonies

Boonies
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi: I have a a complete set up from A to Z for conversion including resurfaced flywheel, upgraded clutch, Driveshaft, LS diff, shiftier & platform, 5 Speed & new modified cross member including very nice rebuilt half shafts. Let me know what you need other than flywheel.
PM sent

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
An Alu flywheel will rev quicker but you will sacrifice the smoothness that a stock flywheel brings, especially at idle. That is my experience FWIW.

Mot27cars

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Jahan
Sounds great. I will need a modified driveshaft. It best to update the support bearing too. Is the driveshaft for a Automatic to 265 5 spd conversion? How has the driveshaft been modified? Please let me know what you are asking for the driveshaft? I am in Edmonton, Alberta T5R4B5.

Regards,
Bill
Pmd yesterday

Jahan

Reaction score
Pmd yesterday
Yes. The driveshaft was specifically modified for conversion from Auto to 265 5 Speed. I have a complete set up from flywheel all the way to & including a LS diff & a pair of rebuild half shafts, clutch kit including the slave & master cylinder, shifter & shitier platform & Speedometer cable & etc.. . Let me know exactly what your are looking for.

billpatterson

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes. The driveshaft was specifically modified for conversion from Auto to 265 5 Speed. I have a complete set up from flywheel all the way to & including a LS diff & a pair of rebuild half shafts, clutch kit including the slave & master cylinder, shifter & shitier platform & Speedometer cable & etc.. . Let me know exactly what your are looking for.

HI Jahan
Are you selling the driveshaft? How much? I am in Edmonton, Alberta T5R4B5 for shipping.

Regards
Bill

Mot27cars

Site Donor
Reaction score
Interested I. Driveshaft and maybe transmission

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
Here's a pic of the alum. flywheel that is in my 5 speed conversion. The previous owner bought it from Korman Autoworks in North Carolina. Note that the high strength bolts need to be longer than the bolts used in a steel flywheel. My engine was out of the car during its color change.

Attachments

• IMG_1209.jpg
    IMG_1209.jpg
    373.3 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_1210.jpg
    IMG_1210.jpg
    352.1 KB · Views: 79