WTB: E9 Tool Tray/Box (top and bottom) for a 71 2800CS

rbtrader

Site Donor
Reaction score
I had someone pull down too hard on my beautiful and original tool tray. It took a 3" chunk out of where the screw goes in, and a chunk off the brittle pull down tray when it hit the trunk! The screw also cracked! I did not see it, but I heard it, so I really do not know what happened.
If anyone has a FS or knows of a FS tool tray/box for a 71 2800CS please let me know. I have all the tools, bulbs, etc. Thanks in advance!

Rich

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Last edited:

rbtrader

Site Donor
Reaction score
One big problem I have is that when the tool box fell off the trunk lid when it was closed, the tray side shattered into 6-7 pieces, some the less than a dime in size. It would be a puzzle project.

Wobdog

a.k.a Mike
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Send me a picture. The good thing with fiberglass is you can fill in allot and mold it. I had a corner break off mine and I just "remade" the corner

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Koopman's son made the "wings" and back hinge area from aluminum, four parts. I just used JB weld, the paint with SEM storm grey, cannot tell. I still have my tools in a tool roll since I think the original design is flawed and cannot tolerate the weight when it ages and has been exposed to heat for so many years.

rbtrader

Site Donor
Reaction score
The visible lid, holding the tools is damaged, but not as much as the part that mounts to the trunk lid.

Attachments

• IMG_4146.jpg
    IMG_4146.jpg
    298.8 KB · Views: 41

boonies

Boonies
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Ouch!

Nothing to lose with a project to try to repair it. I just made some repairs to mine using a plastic welding system and some fine metal mesh (think window screen sized) that I embedded in the plastic after it was heated.

Worked well (although on smaller areas), I will share some pictures shortly.
IMG_5282.jpeg
IMG_5281.jpeg
IMG_5002.jpeg
IMG_4997.jpeg
IMG_4996.jpeg
IMG_4995.jpeg
IMG_4990.jpeg
IMG_4989.jpeg
IMG_4986.jpeg
IMG_4985.jpeg
IMG_4983.jpeg

Last edited: