WTB: Bus steering wheel in decent shape.

mosearch

Reaction score
I'd like to find an OEM Bus steering wheel in decent shape. Perhaps you have upgraded and have one to spare? I'm fine with the hugeness of it; but mine (on my E3) has major cracks and may not last me forever. Let me know if you have one available, please.

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
If you can't find a perfect one, they are relatively easy to restore if they aren't too far gone. Open up the cracks with a hacksaw blade, fill with fiberglass reinforced body filler followed by some glazing filler where needed. Repaint with 2k semi flat black.

I think the bus wheel is an important part of the feeling of an E3. To me, a modern, smaller diameter, thicker wheel is not an improvement. The stock steering wheel makes me smile (in a good way) when I sit down in the driver's seat.

IMG_5643.JPG

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I'd like to find an OEM Bus steering wheel in decent shape. Perhaps you have upgraded and have one to spare? I'm fine with the hugeness of it; but mine (on my E3) has major cracks and may not last me forever. Let me know if you have one available, please.
I’ve got a Euro e9 wheel availble.

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
And there may also be a difference in the color of the 3 horn butttons; I have black and silver buttons. Not sure which belongs on which car model/steering wheel model/ model year.

They may even be off a wood wheel, as I've had 6 of them over the past 10 years