wtb brake proportioning valve

stcos85

Reaction score
getting close to finishing the brakes on my e9 and realised the previous owner changed the valve for just a 3 way splitter so now looking for the correct item.

if you have one let me know.

Ezz

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi there,
I just posted mine for sale. The cylinder has some corrosion as shown in the picture, but I am not sure if it is rebuildable or not.

boonies

Boonies
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
here is one link to review on the topic of “ pressure regulator “. There are more links as well. Rebuild kits are available from a company PBM who specializes in Porsche parts. I think that they also rebuild these, but one of the forum posts may speak to that.

stphers

Reaction score
Alfa's use them as well and they are available still I wonder if they would work? Centerline International 74 GTV

Centerline International
888.750.ALFA
Part #BC455
Brake Compensator 115, GTV/6
Rear Brake Pressure Compensator 115 cars 1969-94, and early GTV/6.
Rear brake pressure compensator. Fits 115 GTV and Berlina 1969-74, Spider 1969-94, and GTV/6 1981-84.
Will also fit later GTV/6 and non-ABS Milano however will increase brake bias rearward compared to original compensator.
OEM Part Number: 605.16390
605-16390

$179.50
This item is in stock and ships immediately.
QUANTITY:
Add to Wishlist
Photographs are intended as illustrations only and actual product may differ from photograph, and may change without notice. Alfa Romeo part numbers are listed for reference only and do not indicate parts are original equipment. Prices are subject to change without notice, and some items do not qualify for discounts or special offers. Inventory levels may change quickly and products listed as In Stock may be out of stock or backordered. Individual components of a discounted "kit", all books, manuals, and wiring diagrams, and all electrical components (including ignition and fuel injection components) are non-returnable. Special Order items may not be cancelled or returned for any reason. For more information please refer to our Store Policies page.
<< BACK TO RESULTS
bc455.jpg

72/E9

Reaction score
PMB rebuilt mine earlier this year.
Nice folks. Quick turn-around. Reasonable $$'s. And it works.
IMG_5741.JPG

Before (looked like it had been on the Titanic).

IMG_5845.jpeg

After.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
hi, I really need a working unit as no one seems to rebuild these
These seem not substantially different to rebuilt than a brake master cylinder. should be plenty of places around that will resleeve a hydraulic unit in brass or stainless, and renew seals. These guys list proportioning valves as something they rebuild, and I’ve used them before with satisfactory results (master/slave cylinders).

stcos85

Reaction score
I didn't realise you can get repair kits for them. the one just posted for sale has gone.

I found this but they are currently out of stock. waiting to hear back if they will get any more

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231010_081508_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231010_081508_Chrome.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 29