window switches

Reaction score
Hi, hope this is not a dead horse that I am about to beat but has anyone ever bought the gang switch for I think is an e12 and use its innards to rejuvenate their switches in their e9? By the pictures the prongs on the back look dead on. Only the tops look different and of course the single chrome bezels. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Larry Platt

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-12-19 at 5.00.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-12-19 at 5.00.01 PM.png
    1 MB · Views: 68
  • Screen Shot 2023-12-19 at 5.01.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-12-19 at 5.01.37 PM.png
    314.6 KB · Views: 61
  • Screen Shot 2023-12-19 at 5.02.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-12-19 at 5.02.07 PM.png
    500.8 KB · Views: 61

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
Inner parts are probably good donors but two of four are different than the rest two (front/rear), so not all will be possible to be "reused".

The real problem is with dismantling the switched without damaging tiny plastic "bumps".

In some cases there is nothing to loose, so why not to try.

Good luck and please share your observations with us. :)

Reaction score
Inner parts are probably good donors but two of four are different than the rest two (front/rear), so not all will be possible to be "reused".

The real problem is with dismantling the switched without damaging tiny plastic "bumps".

In some cases there is nothing to loose, so why not to try.

Good luck and please share your observations with us. :)
As soon and if I can find two "spare" switches i plan to dissect a switch and put my plan in action and resurrect my originals.

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
As soon and if I can find two "spare" switches i plan to dissect a switch and put my plan in action and resurrect my originals.
I have some old switches with bad chrome and rusty external steel paws which could be a donors... Just an idea

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
Sure. Let me look for them in the right box.

I'll be back with some pictures.

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
Sorry it took so long...

Here's the one in parts (broken spring, plastic clamps and half pin/axis on the black lever).
1705435288823.png

And potential donors ;-)
1705435359200.png

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
but I'm not 100% sure the old style has the same internals as new - that's the question. o_O

Reaction score
Here is a picture of the back of the switches in my coupe. Looks like the plugs on yours are flat spades?

Attachments

• IMG_1779.jpeg
    IMG_1779.jpeg
    79.9 KB · Views: 25

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi Lawrence. Welcome Aboard!
I have four internal parts of the correct switches you need. Just send me your full name and address and I'll get them shipped tomorrow.
Harry

Ives

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Krzysztof,
Be careful the ones you have taken apart are for early Coupes, up to late 1973. After that the switches changed and have different posts and sockets to fit in to. If you look at the picture Lawrence provided you'll see that he needs late 1973-75 ones. They are not compatible between early and late.
Regards, Jon