Who's joining me at the Vintage?

LarryE9E10

Reaction score
Hi all -

Have gone to the Vintage the past 5 years in my tii. When I bought my project coupe last June, I focused on this year's Vintage as its "coming out" party. All the mechanicals are right now, and I'm primed for the long drive from Philadelphia to Winston-Salem. I'm hoping there will be other coupes there because I have a lot more to learn about these cars. So, who else is going?

Looking forward to meeting other coupe-fanatics!

Last edited:

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Larry,

Athena is having her debut at The Vintage too, just finished her last night. We're taking Vern too. We could meet up in MD or North VA Thursday. I like to avoid the highways, shade is our A/C.

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
Making the drive from Milwaukee. Look for the Golf coupe. Anyone in the Friday rally?

thehackmechanic

Reaction score
Just got home from, ironically, North Carolina, towing a boat for work. Need to jump on some needed tasks for the E9, but I hope to leave Newton MA for The Vintage early Thursday morning.

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
the vintage

I look forward to seeing everyone...though I may be in a 76 Nevada 02. We worked on Lumpy yesterday and last night, and still have a couple of little things that might work out...Long range forecast tonight was for 20% chance of late showers Sat, probably about 90. Everyone travel safely...
Dave V. in NC

bimmerlon

Reaction score
Vintage

I hope to be there! Sahara Tii, Hope to see some nice coupes and all the great old bimmers!
Lonny

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Making the drive from Milwaukee. Look for the Golf coupe. Anyone in the Friday rally?

I hope I'm bringing my new to me 72 3.0CS. Still have some things to test out for a 5 hour drive from Atlanta.
Wife is driving the 88 M5 and following me just in case?

Signed up for the rally but probably drive the M5.

Gary

TravL350

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'll be there, looking forward to meeting some folks. I live in Winston-Salem, so feel free to contact me if you have any questions about the area!

Travis

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I hope I'm bringing my new to me 72 3.0CS. Still have some things to test out for a 5 hour drive from Atlanta.
Wife is driving the 88 M5 and following me just in case?

Signed up for the rally but probably drive the M5.

Gary

NOT going to bring the 3.0. AC is not working and some other issues I haven't figured out yet.
Looks like the expansion valve is stuck. Very minor cooling (10 degrees below ambient) and pressures will never come up.
Troubleshooting guide for AC points to expansion valve.
Starting to disassemble blower area as it looks like valve is next to evaporator.
First time in here and going slow to locate all the fasteners?
System was converted to 134 as gauge attachment valves are for 134 gauges. My M5 was converted a couple years ago and works great.
Probably have some questions but will start new post.

See you guys there. Will come look you up as I want to see your coupes and have a million questions.

Gary