Which is the most desired?

BlueAngel

Reaction score
I was wondering which is more desired. The carb or fuel injection cars? Thanks in advance and glad to be part of your community. :mrgreen:

x_atlas0

Reaction score
They are both about the same. What really drives the value of the car is the condition. I will note that some of the injected parts are becoming quite scarce, as are some of the stock Zenith carb parts.

BlueAngel

Reaction score
I was shopping around for one and all I can find is the carb motor. I figure the injection is more desirable or just a rare model.

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
The CSi/CSL were technically only sold in markets other than the USA...once in awhile you will find a federalized version for sale in the USA.

Hence your comment about not finding injected (i) models here.

Cheers!

Ran

BlueAngel

Reaction score
The CSi/CSL were technically only sold in markets other than the USA...once in awhile you will find a federalized version for sale in the USA.

Hence your comment about not finding injected (i) models here.

Cheers!

Ran

I see so only the carb versions came to the US correct?

chicane

Reaction score
The i's have it

I was wondering which is more desired. The carb or fuel injection cars? Thanks in advance and glad to be part of your community. :mrgreen:

The i's are more rare, I believe just over 8000 out of 30000 or so coupes produced. But also from an an American's point of view they might seem more rare as the i's were not directly imported to the U.S. Not to mention they have more HP than the regular coupes so yes they are a bit more desirable I believe but Atlas said the real desirability comes from condition, specifically rust free.

BlueAngel

Reaction score
As imported by BMW, yes.

The CSi's were imported by others.
Kool. Thanks! :mrgreen:
The i's are more rare, I believe just over 8000 out of 30000 or so coupes produced. But also from an an American's point of view they might seem more rare as the i's were not directly imported to the U.S. Not to mention they have more HP than the regular coupes so yes they are a bit more desirable I believe but Atlas said the real desirability comes from condition, specifically rust free.

I see, because the 2002 tii's are more desirable than the carbs. I thought it would be the same and i'm probably half right.

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Um, by Max Hoffmann, not BMW. BMW NA LLC didn't exist until 1975.

Considering the question and all....
I purposely did not go into those details... One thing at a time - and only to a certain depth.

WALTER

Site Donor
Reaction score
All things being equal on a carb'd and FI coupe, I would say the FI is hands down more valuable for the bump in performance. However, if it is between a rusty CSi or rust free CS, I would take the rust free CS any day of the week and twice on Sunday.