which caliper for vented rotor?

milwaukeesk

Member.
Site Donor
Reaction score
I need to rebuild/replace the calipers on my 72 e3 as one is leaking. It's the first brake work i've done on it and noticed the front has vented discs on it. I am planning on rebuilding the calipers but for a short term fix to get it back on the road I want to pick up a new set of calipers to swap. Anyone know what calipers I should buy to support the wider vented rotors on it?

73tiiguy

Reaction score
1978-1981 E12 calipers work perfectly. I have used those several times already. - It's the E9 vented brake rotors you will need for sure (I'm sure the E9 calipers will work too).

WISE9UY

Site Donor
Reaction score
I thought 3.0cs, E12 and series 1 E24 all have the same front vented disc and caliper combo. They all look the same to me...

milwaukeesk

Member.
Site Donor
Reaction score
I went ahead and ordered some e12 calipers. Funny enough when you look up parts on various sites the part numbers for the calipers do not match for the 3.0cs and e12. Either way they look the same to me.

Also, the core refund was only $15 so i'll just keep them and rebuild them the proper way so I can have a replacement set on standby. shopping them back would have almost cost me that much...

Thanks for the assistance everyone.