What would you do if you lost your key FOB...

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Inside your car? We got in a car today that had the key inside somewhere but we can't find it. Car starts and drives.

I've never considered this before but it would make your car not usable. Safety/Theft wise.

Dan

Wobdog

a.k.a Mike
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I had my car detailed and drove home. When I got home for the life of me I could not find the fob. Called the detailer and he told me it was on the windshield. I had driven all the way home and just a miricale the fob had not come off on the freeway. Another time someone had to borrowed my car in a emergancy. Car was running so they jumped in and drove it to the airport. Picked the person up and when they went to start the car realized I had the fob in my pocket and they could not start it.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i have had the keyfob from my wife's Macan S or my Audi fall out of my pocket between the console and the drivers seat - where there is so little room to see it. you can move the seat all the way up or back and it doesn't come loose and isn't visible. i ended up using a magnet on a stiff wire to find it and fish it out. this has happened a couple of times.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I would accelerate really hard and look for it in the back seat.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
I talked with one of our transports yesterday and they've seen auction cars with fobs hidden under the spare tire in the trunk. No other reason except to piss people off.