What non-e9 color would look the best on an e9?

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
Looking on all the nice cars and stylish colors one comes to my mind...

It could be almost any of the colors proposed if it will be rust-less and well painted (no peeling, no excess paint and lack of scratches after sand paper use)

It is so hard to find a good paint shop but even harder to find a well painted car!

ScottAndrews

Reaction score
I painted my E24 Estoril Blau. Came out great! Not sure if this would work on an E9 tho.

Attachments

• Cambria.jpg
    Cambria.jpg
    646.3 KB · Views: 69

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I painted my E24 Estoril Blau. Came out great! Not sure if this would work on an E9 tho.
Scott, it is great to have you back in the board. Perhaps reintroduce yourself as a quasi-new member.
The prodigal E9 owner parable fits nicely.

Wobdog

a.k.a Mike
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I always wanted to chrome wrap a car. I wonder what a crome wrapped E9 would look like? Proably be over the top but I would like to see it. I did see a M4 chrome wrapped at invasion of LA and it was pretty cool looking. Also saw crome painted Mercedes at auto week that was stunning. Below pictures do not do the cars justice

What do you think?

Attachments

• IMG_0651 (1).jpg
    IMG_0651 (1).jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0652 (1).jpg
    IMG_0652 (1).jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0670.jpg
    IMG_0670.jpg
    298 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0675.jpg
    IMG_0675.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 40

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
I always wanted to chrome wrap a car. I wonder what a crome wrapped E9 would look like? Proably be over the top but I would like to see it. I did see a M4 chrome wrapped at invasion of LA and it was pretty cool looking. Also saw crome painted Mercedes at auto week that was stunning. Below pictures do not do the cars justice

What do you think?
Would be interesting to see... I would not been surprised if there is at least one somewhere...

... going similar way including potential, significant improvement to e9 what about full stainless steel body (and the best - chassis) panels as for DeLorean.

1703453493671.png

Wobdog

a.k.a Mike
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
If you had to pick a color that was not one of the standard bmw e9 colors, what would be the best color you would choose? The color would have to highlight the best aspects of the e9.

I'm curious to see if there are people out there with different opinions besides the factory colors made for the bmw e9.
I got it. HOT PINK. This Porshe rolled up to our weekend cars and coffee, and "Barbie" (what she refered to herself as) proceed to take pictures in front of all the cars with her photographer. Metalic Pink wrap your E9...maybe you can become and "infuencer" Its not to late, as Dire Straights said "money for nothing and chicks for free"

Attachments

• IMG_7771.jpg
    IMG_7771.jpg
    582.1 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_7772.jpg
    IMG_7772.jpg
    535.5 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_7775.jpg
    IMG_7775.jpg
    484.9 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_7781 (3).jpg
    IMG_7781 (3).jpg
    590.8 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_7784.jpg
    IMG_7784.jpg
    480.3 KB · Views: 49

coupesport

Newish Member
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Recently saw a Porsche Macan in Mamba Green Metallic that really caught my eye. I like the colors that might have been a 70s color.
Mamba green looked kinda like the BMW Jade Green or Tiaga but deeper. Its on my not so short list. Could be great with CS' belt line trim.
1704858632435.png

Blinkling

Site Donor
Reaction score
Recently saw a Porsche Macan in Mamba Green Metallic that really caught my eye. I like the colors that might have been a 70s color.
Mamba green looked kinda like the BMW Jade Green or Tiaga but deeper. It’s on my not so short list. Could be great with CS' belt line trim.
View attachment 174972

Amazonasgrün is the coupe color that’s closest to your picture I think. I don’t think it has a large fan following but I do get compliments on it occasionally! It wasn’t offered on early coupes.