What is this?

Boobouna

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was driving tonight and as I turned the corner I felt something hit my foot. When I stopped to see I found be two items below. Can anyone tell me what they are?

24165b13d0b80b2a21950f97c1aee53e.jpg

f73db4a90b46830a7d771071437a26c8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boobouna

Reaction score
When you say main instruments are you referring to the instrument cluster?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
No the knob actually holds a gauge in place in the cluster. The other piece looks like it might be a gauge light bulb socket insulator but not sure.

Honolulu

Reaction score
Because it's way effing tight and difficult (particularly if you have large hands) to get your hand in the back of the cluster to put the knurled knob back, what you'll need is a look at what the cluster looks like when it's correctly together. I think appropriate use of the Search function will turn up a good representation.

One or another instrument may or may not come wobbly. I wouldn't go looking for trouble, just put the knob in the glove box and await the day. With only moderate luck it will never come.

inovermyhead

Reaction score
That looks like one of the 4 that hold the cluster and the binacle, I don’t think it’s one of the nuts that actually hold the instruments to the back of the cluster, you will soon know because the treads are different.
If you do have to dive in, and it’s not obvious which thread has lost its nut, take the clock out first and if still no access then remove the speaker grill, you may be able to reach both the threads for the binacle and the cluster.