What is an average age?

e3er

Reaction score
I'm 34, and have mostly owned BMWs though my life - e28, e12s, e30, e36, e34, and now my e3. My Automotive ADD is calling me to an e21, or some other early stuff like a SAAB 96/99 or Porsche 914 if only for the change.

I currently also own 4 Czechoslovakian Skodas.

tmason

Reaction score
Bimbill,I am also surprised by the young guns. My boys are 21 and 18 years of age and they say the fruit doesn't drop far from the tree but my boy's like the style of CS but it's their friends that always come up for a peek and say that's one cool car?

Daxklynsmith

Reaction score
I was turning 21 in 1971 when I saw and fell in love with a Fjord Blue 1971 that was for sale in Durban South Africa.
(The Fact that it had been confiscated from a gun runner added to the cachet)

I was 45 when i found one I could afford under a widows lean-to in South Africa and 54 when my wife suggested I buy St Judith as I was driving her mad mooching around on weekends
after our sudden move to Ireland.

5 years later, she will never be really finished but she brings a smile almost every weekend
even if its just a quick blast for 30 miles..

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
i am 42, she is 40

i was never interested in bmw´s

6 years ago, when my house was finished, i was looking for a hobby to replace the chemical photography (abandoned due to the lack of raw materials: damned digital !)

so i fell in love with the bmw motorrads of the 30th´s, i searched for a bmw r2, and i got it, and restored it, here she is:

o56bkn.jpg

the problem is that a 1934, motorbike is not a good thing to drive just when you like, it is a little bit more complicated, and i searched then for a 4-wheel project

there it came the e9, i started looking at pictures and again i fell in love with this dark blue, that was 2 years ago, and i´m still improving it:

s6ipox.jpg

no more vehicles for me thanks, regards

both can be seen in detail here (play the videos):
http://coupedgrace.blogspot.com/

Last edited:

66toaster

Reaction score
My BMW bio

I'm 62 & except for an interlude of 5 years I have been driving BMWs since '68. Thanks to my father's suggestion (he was familiar with the name from the war) I test drove a 2002 & I was hooked. Great fun. Was the only one in the Phila. area. Drove cross-country & back. It was a sleeper. Was able to out drag a lot of unsuspecting cars. But, it was a lemon. Chief problem was overheating. Dumped it at the dealer & went onto an underpowered $300 Simca with comfy sets. Later on, re-upped again with a used 2002tii. Problems from time to time. Then to a VW Jetta for 4 yrs. Then, 325is; 530it, & 840ci. Of course I always had an eye for the Coupe. How could one not? Casually looked on & off over the years, until summer of '09 & landed a '73 Atlantik CS.

ckrop

Reaction score
Just got my 2800CS. I havnt registered it yet so I just stare at it in the garage. Took out my chrome polish and rag to clean up the chrome. I did njot realize how much chrome is on this car. No wonder it looks so classic. I am 55.. My first experience with a coupe was in college. I had a rich girlfriend who lived in Old Westbury. Her dad had a beautiful dark blue coupe with a 4 speed. She took me for a ride and scared the crap out of me. She was a spoiled brat but she could drive that car. I couldnt believe how well that car handled. Always wanted one after that. Took me 36 years to get one. Better late then never. Cant wait to get it on the road.

Aussie3.0CS

Reaction score
Good Thread

Hi all,

I was 24 in 1999 when I bought a 1984 e28 520i, based on a couple of mates dads cars I had experienced, one had an e23 733i (lumpy cam, fire engine red) and the other an e12 528 (sweet exhaust note in arctic white), both left an impression on me as a teenager... my 520 lasted 4 years and many adventures but I pity the guy who bought it off of me. (low maintenance regeme)....

My beemer lust subsided for a while, I nearly bought an e24 635csi in 2006, but the 3.0csl in the back of the mechanics at the same time looked far nicer.... but way out of my price range. This lit the fuse for the CS....

Age 32, bought my first CS in 2008, drove it for around a year, then started the refurbishment.

Even in a semi rusted, dilapidated and tired state, the CS was able to make the noises and give the feelings that I remember of all the previously loved BMW's of my life....

I cant wait until its all done and back on the road, no small thanks to the forum members.

Cheers

Chris
Aussie3.0CS