• C4543D77-0D02-4782-8A55-D80546932230.jpeg
    C4543D77-0D02-4782-8A55-D80546932230.jpeg
    321.3 KB · Views: 72
  • 08C4D02F-C727-428E-92E8-B3213C918E3E.jpeg
    08C4D02F-C727-428E-92E8-B3213C918E3E.jpeg
    351.4 KB · Views: 77

Fritzie

Reaction score
Did it yesterday, but I think, it's almost good enough to post it today....
Remove the door skin.

Breiti
Gutentag Herr Breiti, Hello Mister Breiti,
Last week I also removed a door-skin. Bought new skin at W&N. Made a solid table to keep the door frame aligned when I will replace the skin. Spot-welding or maybe I will use kit (sikaflex 221)

Last edited:

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
Gutentag Herr Breiti, Hello Mister Breiti,
Last week I also removed a door-skin. Bought new skin at W&N. Made a solid table to keep the door frame aligned when I will replace the skin. Spot-welding or maybe I will use kit (sikaflex 221)

There are also specific devices to unfold and fold the skin... Very different options possible.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Will the E3 Armrest fit to the E9? I think it is worth trying
May need to fabricate or modify how it mounts to the transmission tunnel. Eric Anton made arm rest consoles with curved brackets that fit under the emergency brake lever. If you have it in hand, it's worth a try if it fits between your Coupe's seats.

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Yes. Same PN same dimensions.

Post 15 of this thread starts that discussion.

(I feel like a traitor helping to make the E3 just a donor car :()

EDIT...My mistake. I thought you meant the E3 front door armrest. I have never seen a front center armrest (between the front seats) in an E3. Did they offer them?

Last edited:

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The E3 3.3 Li had this front-middle-armrest only. Rare item i think. It will fit the space between the E9 seats. Main problem is fixing it safe to the floor.View attachment 174975View attachment 174978View attachment 174977

Someone on here must have a 3.3Li. @OCCoupe owned one for a few years, he may have reference photos. @Dirk has a Taiga 3.3Li & may also have a few reference photos too.

This is the center armrest console Eric Anton sold many years ago. It screws to the transmission tunnel with 4 stainless screws 2 a few inches from the shift console & 2 in the rear under the folding arm rest. There's a small piece of black speaker cloth that covers the front bracket.

IMG_5118.jpeg
IMG_5117.jpeg

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The E3 3.3 Li had this front-middle-armrest only. Rare item i think. It will fit the space between the E9 seats. Main problem is fixing it safe to the floor.View attachment 174975View attachment 174978View attachment 174977
nice looking piece. never seen one. i also have the Eric Anton piece but have been toying with the idea of designing / building a nicer piece that integrates with the shift / ac console. who knows, might just cover the Anton piece with leather on all sides and just dress it up a bit.

Patton

Site Donor $
Reaction score
IMG_9420.jpeg
Console idea from member Bmachine, thanks B.

Adapted with some small,easy modifications from an e23 car. The parts were found on eBay.

RP

PS The “Restomod“ seats are from a e93 convertible with the belt in the seat/shoulder.

Last edited:

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
its a nice start ... there is a thing called a cup holder that needs to figure in to the conversation. Anton had a sliding metal one that might be something that gets incorporated.
i wonder if i need to remake the console sides and continue on for the arm rest ... or extend from the shifter platform. i do like the curve from your platform under the end of the handbrake. will have to sit in yours one day and check out the ergonomics - does my elbow fit on the armrest, is it high enough? should the armrest slide forward (like the one in my TTS).

BMW Pete

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Andrew
@adawil2002

Hope all is well

How can I help? Let me know and will go to shop tomorrow and do whatever you want, only problem, as I think you know :) is all my E9s don't have standard seats. But happy to get whatever you need from the 3.3li

Also can probably encourage one of the local E9 guys to pop by if we need to do checks against normal E9 seats
Best

Pete

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi Andrew
@adawil2002

Hope all is well

How can I help? Let me know and will go to shop tomorrow and do whatever you want, only problem, as I think you know :) is all my E9s don't have standard seats. But happy to get whatever you need from the 3.3li

Also can probably encourage one of the local E9 guys to pop by if we need to do checks against normal E9 seats
Best

Pete

Thanks @BMW Pete, @Ulrich 3.0 CSA in Germany could use width measurements & attachment photos if possible.

Appreciate the help.
Warm Regards,
Andrew

Midwestbike

Site Donor
Reaction score
I finally got the Porsche window regulator pivot pin from Rennsport and it was too long, so I got my grinder and ground it down and was able to get my window to wind up and down. Only took 20 months LOL. Now I have to undue it and grind the back of the pivot pin down so that it fits with the back attachment to keep it in place. It did take me multiple attempts to get the regulator in the correct position so that I could install it. It was a great day. Now I just need some warmer weather to adjust my dwell...can't wait for spring to come.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
its a nice start ... there is a thing called a cup holder that needs to figure in to the conversation. Anton had a sliding metal one that might be something that gets incorporated.
i wonder if i need to remake the console sides and continue on for the arm rest ... or extend from the shifter platform. i do like the curve from your platform under the end of the handbrake. will have to sit in yours one day and check out the ergonomics - does my elbow fit on the armrest, is it high enough? should the armrest slide forward (like the one in my TTS).
Better option for cup holder: https://www.ultimatecupholders.com/

Ulrich 3.0 CSA

Reaction score
OK, so I put the E3 armrest in the E9. My car has Recaro seats and width between the seats is 18 cm. E3 Armrest is 15,5 cm width. I think it works and looks ok even if the middle armrest is pushed back. See fotos. Maybe a bit massive? Even the leather fits nearly. Main problem : it is too low about 6 cm and I have to think about the fixing problem which is a even bigger problem when I have to lift the armrest about 6 cm. And I have to drill holes in the E9 body 100%. Also I can´t use and see the back ashtray anymore (ok it is not allowed to use it also) :(

a.jpgb.jpgc.jpge.jpgg.jpg

Last edited: