What are these

jarrod ingleton

Reaction score
In photo attached red button is hazard lights. Also there is the sunroof switch. I have no idea what the other large green button is, nor the two small switches with 15 on them. Would the red one be for rear fog lights if there was one fitted? Front driving light button is on other side of column. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 775E93F3-0C07-44F5-8604-0CA19DC6B026.jpeg
    775E93F3-0C07-44F5-8604-0CA19DC6B026.jpeg
    429.7 KB · Views: 141

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Green for rear fog light, 15's for windows=kill switches. My sunroof switch is above, in front of the sunroof, you have no rear defrost ?

bill

Site Donor
Reaction score
The 15s are circuit breakers (overload protection) for the windows...curious to hear them called "kill switches."

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
interesting somethings seem backwards here ... oh, RHD. i was trying to figure out why somebody put the light switch above the hazard switch. on LHD drive cars, there is a glove box on the drivers door side of the steering wheel and the fog / defroster / hazard / emergency switches are all between the steering and center console.

this looks like its a 74 with a telescoping steering column ... our emergency flasher switch is usually on the grab rail. only the 2800cs had it on the lower panel.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
With your sunroof switch down there and no board in front of your headliner it must be an aftermarket installation? Is the small knob for the odometer reset? In mid 73 the window circuit breakers were added.

jarrod ingleton

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Yep small knob is Odometer Reset. Yes 74 model RHD. Sunroof by Hollandia. Is was a private order car through Stillwell BMW dealer. VIN 4350191. It is one of 207 in RHD from 74