Weber carburator likage

tazio03

Reaction score
Hi guys I just purchased a brand new se of Weber 32/36DGAV downdraft carburetors, I'm done installing them on the manifolds, and they look great and everything fits, however the drawing for the linkage they provided is awful. Anybody have a picture or a drawing of the linkage installed? Thanks Tazio03

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
see attached webbers on a 3.5L block
Coupe015.jpg

m_thompson

Reaction score
That looks like the same kit that I have. I called the manufacturer and complained about the design and they were really insulted. With the first adjustment I could overcenter the linkage and lock it wide open. That was exciting. It works OK now. The pedal pressure is very high compared to the Zeniths. The secondary throttles are mechanical so you really have to push hard to open them.

I would switch back to the Zeniths if they would idle smoothly and didn't have a flat spot. I replaced just about every part that I could, and was very careful with the adjustments, but they still misbehave.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Mario Langsten at Vintage Sports and Racing in Bow NH set mine up. I am very happy with the performance. Come on up in the spring! We can cruise!
Stan

tazio03

Reaction score
Thank you for the pictures, they help a lot. I will be finishing the installation next week.

bill

Site Donor
Reaction score
Is it possible to modify the JAM linkage (straight connecting rod between the carbs) to avoid going over-center? Going over-center is a real problem with this set-up, and it prevents me from pushing too hard on the pedal. When it gets to a certain point, I stop pushing. So, I don't go as fast up hill as I want... and I miss being able to floor it as I could with the Zeniths.

jmackro

Reaction score
Bill:

I was advised by JAM that increasing the thickness of the heat insulators underneath the carbs would improve the geometry of the linkage. I tried that, and it did help. See http://www.piercemanifolds.com/carbdetails/html/32_36_dgv_5a_reb_gask.htm

You do NOT want there to be any possibility of over-centering - just trusting your right foot to show restraint isn't a safe solution.

Last edited:

m_thompson

Reaction score
Is it possible to modify the JAM linkage (straight connecting rod between the carbs) to avoid going over-center? Going over-center is a real problem with this set-up, and it prevents me from pushing too hard on the pedal. When it gets to a certain point, I stop pushing. So, I don't go as fast up hill as I want... and I miss being able to floor it as I could with the Zeniths.

I was able to adjust the length of the rod that connects to the JAM linkage so that it would not go overcenter. If I have some spare time I may lengthen the arm on the JAM linkage to increase the pedal travel and decrease the pedal effort.

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
I would switch back to the Zeniths if they would idle smoothly and didn't have a flat spot. I replaced just about every part that I could, and was very careful with the adjustments, but they still misbehave.

Mario and I have discussed this issue of proper overhaul of the Zeniths and he's actually 're-oraganized' his staff to make sure that his current mechanics have the necessary know how and patience to make them perform like new.

Cheers!

Ran