Washer fluid route

Teej

Reaction score
hi. I’ve tried to find any photos that show how this washer fluid line should be routed to the hood. Obviously this isn’t correct as it will pinch. Is it “any which way is fine”? Is it being routed to the hood too far forward, so there would be no pinch?

??

Pic attached

Thanks.

Attachments

• C6968287-8D19-4565-BAD3-37619CF326BE.jpeg
    C6968287-8D19-4565-BAD3-37619CF326BE.jpeg
    290.4 KB · Views: 108

NightOwl

Site Donor
Reaction score
Steve,
Thank you for that perfect answer to this question for those of us without the original setup to look at. The next question for me would be, where do the wires for the pump go and where are they connected at the other end to provide the power when you select the washer button?

Thanks,

Jake

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The pump wires come out from the fire wall and I suppose attach to the wiper stalk switch in the steering column, do you have a wiring diagram? There is a brown ground wire and another wire which color I can check in the morning.

Teej

Reaction score
thanks for the photos Steve. I presume CSLs were the same? Or should be the same... or ?

Drew20

Site Donor
Reaction score
thanks for the photos Steve. I presume CSLs were the same? Or should be the same... or ?
They can't be the same, as the lightweight bonnet / hood doesn't have the same hinge and support arrangement

I'll post a pic of my set-up later, not that I know this is "factory"

Drew20

Site Donor
Reaction score
IMG_0061.JPG
This is how I routed the washer fluid in my CSL
The hose used to poke out of the headlight adjustment cover, which looked untidy to my eye, so I re-routed it....

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The Alu Hoods also have the holes for the hose clips (on the right inner post) just like the steel hoods have too, as can be seen on Drew’s hood. So one can presume the system was the same as with steel hoods as depicted above.

Marco 54

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Photo of my CSL set-up taken as the car was being stripped.
Not sure this was entirely factory-correct but I hope this helps!

Marco

DSC08057.JPG