W&N Strut bar

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
I tried fitting their strut brace tonight and had difficulty as it touches the firewall and although it would fit it took a bit of wrestling. I notice that half way down the 'straight' part of the brace there is a slight bend in it. It seems that if this wasnt there it would touch the firewall and would be easier to fit.

Anyone else notice this kink in it?

Regards.

Rohan

TRIPPFONTAINE

Site Donor
Reaction score
I had a similar problem - a slight kink in the "straight" part of bar. I'm pretty sure I receive a damaged bar from W & N... so rather than sending it back I elected to drop it into a brace and applied a bit of grunt. The kink eventually straightened out. Mine now fits very snugly but sits just inside firewall.

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Trip - yeah mine looks like it is a bit wrong but then again the kink is so slight and looks to have been put in on purpose although I am sure it would fit better without it. I will straighten it then and see how I go.

TJ - you must have got one of the none messed up ones or perhaps as is most probable we all have firewalles that are slightly different and the kink works for some so much so that they don't notice it!

Regards,

Rohan

pmansson

Reaction score
Does it interfere with the transversal, top of firewall mounted stock sound insulation?
Does it interfere with the folded CSL hood/bonnet "stay-open" bar?
It replaces the thick, stock washers under the domed nuts on the strut tops, right???

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi there,

it barely touches the firewall at the mid point - I put a strip of rubber there to stop them rubbing. I removed the csl hood prop and as far as I can remember removed the washers on the strut top mount.