Site Donor $$
Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_3554.jpg
    IMG_3554.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 122

x_atlas0

Reaction score
It was great to finally meet most of you. I do kinda wish they had been able to group the coupes together, though. I ended up towards the back end of things down by the cul-de-sac and missed the action. I noticed a few other coupes sprinkled throughout, including Amy's pristine example, and a coupe my fiancee spotted years ago in Athens, GA.

Bill Riblett

(deceased)
Reaction score

dbower

Reaction score
It was great to finally meet most of you. I do kinda wish they had been able to group the coupes together, though. I ended up towards the back end of things down by the cul-de-sac and missed the action. I noticed a few other coupes sprinkled throughout, including Amy's pristine example, and a coupe my fiancee spotted years ago in Athens, GA.

That was my black 72 CSA from Athens. I counted about a dozen E9's altogether, the best turnout that I can recall (I haven't made it every year). No CSL's this year, unfortunately.

On the way home, I had a belt separate in my 15-year-old Yoko AVS's. Made it home tolerating the thumpthumpthump. Since I drive it only 2,000-3,000 miles/year, tread was still good but sidewalls are starting to deteriorate. I'm running 215/60-14's on factory 5-spokes, and guess what -- the ONLY tire in that size carried now by the Rack is a BFG Radial TA (white letter!). Not exactly what I was hoping for in current technology rubber. Am I overlooking something (short of springing for 16-inch Alpinas)? Thanks.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
That was my black 72 CSA from Athens. I counted about a dozen E9's altogether, the best turnout that I can recall (I haven't made it every year). No CSL's this year, unfortunately.

On the way home, I had a belt separate in my 15-year-old Yoko AVS's. Made it home tolerating the thumpthumpthump. Since I drive it only 2,000-3,000 miles/year, tread was still good but sidewalls are starting to deteriorate. I'm running 215/60-14's on factory 5-spokes, and guess what -- the ONLY tire in that size carried now by the Rack is a BFG Radial TA (white letter!). Not exactly what I was hoping for in current technology rubber. Am I overlooking something (short of springing for 16-inch Alpinas)? Thanks.

http://www.e9coupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11585&highlight=Tires

x_atlas0

Reaction score
This was shot by a local news outlet in Winston Salem.

http://triad.news14.com/content/658033/old-salem-hosts-vintage-bmw-car-show

LarryE9E10 and my wife were interviewed. Luis A's Golf Coupe is pictured. The line up was Vern, my Tii, followed by thehackmechanic, LarryE9E10, adawil2002 & Luis A.

Great to meet the real people in person

Photo is the street view.

Oh yeah, did you two manage to get an alternator replacement? I hope everything was all right on the trip back.

SHIMBIMMER

Reaction score
Very cool..

Thanks for sharing. It's always interesting (at least to me) to see our cars in video form versus stills. I still watch the BMW film on Murray about once a week to hear the roar.

Cheers,
SHIMBO